My Personal Rant about The Nexus

avidmelon

13 members have voted

1. 1. Shall I continue this?

@avidmelon You keep saying "I can't mod, I don't know". What does that mean besides "I'm too lazy to get up my a** and do it"? I couldn't/didn't know how to mod, but then I started and it's going fine.

And about your first post, how would you feel if someone takes a dump on your work, on something you spent hours to make and then some a**hole come and says "this is s***, you suck and remove that". Also, I believe you mentioned "real mods", could you define them? A mod is anything changing something in the game, like it or not, it's still a mod.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Go to the members area of each site, under site preferences, change it to not show adult content, if the flag is set for the file it will not show them. If one gets through, report it so it can be fixed.

Anyone can learn to mod, I did at 61.....even released a couple, that got used. No one has all the answers, it is as a community we accomplished greatness.

I can't mod (very well). I still managed to contribute. If you have a mature attention span and don't have herp-derp ADHD I'd recommend watching

because I cover very "special" people such as yourself in it. If you are extra-extra-special and can't watch 37 mins of talking, the pertinent part for you is from 24:35 to 26:50.

Wow, insulting one of your very own users, wow, just, wow, I applaud you for getting this far, though, but really? That's kind of low. and OF COURSE YOU CONTRIBUTED, YOU CREATED THE DAMN SITE! But, no, I'm not from 4chan or any of those other sites, I just didn't like some things and I wanted to address my concerns, which I admit, a rant was not the best way.

He still(in my opinion) doesn't understand that when someone gives you a present, be it a chewing gum or a Malibu beach house, you're not supposed to spit in his/her face and say you don't like it. Take it or leave it. You have the possibily to download all the mods on these sites and then simply go away without even saying thanks and TRUST ME no one will care. Edited by Pushkatu

Go to the members area of each site, under site preferences, change it to not show adult content, if the flag is set for the file it will not show them. If one gets through, report it so it can be fixed.

Thanks! but I thought that only allowed you to not see it, but it still shows up in search.

I can't mod (very well). I still managed to contribute. If you have a mature attention span and don't have herp-derp ADHD I'd recommend watching

because I cover very "special" people such as yourself in it. If you are extra-extra-special and can't watch 37 mins of talking, the pertinent part for you is from 24:35 to 26:50.

Wow, insulting one of your very own users, wow, just, wow, I applaud you for getting this far, though, but really? That's kind of low. and OF COURSE YOU CONTRIBUTED, YOU CREATED THE DAMN SITE! But, no, I'm not from 4chan or any of those other sites, I just didn't like some things and I wanted to address my concerns, which I admit, a rant was not the best way.

you insulted the entire site most of its users, and a number of mod creators, i applaud you for not being banned

Thanks! but I thought that only allowed you to not see it, but it still shows up in search.

boo hoo you have to do a little searching for your mods are you that lazy?

@avidmelon You keep saying "I can't mod, I don't know". What does that mean besides "I'm too lazy to get up my a** and do it"? I couldn't/didn't know how to mod, but then I started and it's going fine.

And about your first post, how would you feel if someone takes a dump on your work, on something you spent hours to make and then some a**hole come and says "this is s***, you suck and remove that". Also, I believe you mentioned "real mods", could you define them? A mod is anything changing something in the game, like it or not, it's still a mod.

When I say "real mods" I mean good mods that add something nonsexual and good to the game, take, for example, Oblivifall (correct me if I'm wrong about the name), which adds some of Daggerfall's features to oblivion, also, if someone insulted my work without giving any suggestions, I would ignore them, simple as that.

I'll end the rant here, for fear of getting banned, because I like being able to download good mods, also, pwnedbyscope, shut up, I'm not lazy, I search, it just angers me that I have to search SO DAMN MUCH for a mod I like, good god, I can't wait for the Skyrim Creation Kit to come out, so I can hopefully go somewhere else for mods.

Edited by avidmelon

"good mod" is an entirely subjective term, and having a sites policies based off the views of one close minded individual, isnt a very good idea