Guards helmets are ugly as sh-t !

metalmess

Hi everyone !.

Since the first time I saw the guards helmet I've felt that is ugly and unrealistic as shi-t. I mean. They can spend a lot of money into a full sealed plate helmet, but still wearing ragged clothes. Also, they look like robots, and not real guards of a medieval city.

I know that bethesda did't a good job with the faces of the guards, but i feel that covering them all with the same generic helmet is also a fail.

So my idea is simply remove the part of the mouth and the eyes, getting a more realistic and less ugly helmet. And you can see the mouth of the guard when he talks to you

Agreed - What is this, some sort of clone army?

At least the eye holes vere transparent in the concept art. :rolleyes:

I think the guards would have a more human feeling to them if this was implemented.

http://conceptartworld.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/The_Elder_Scrolls_V_Skyrim_Concept_Art_Ray_Lederer_05a.jpg

there is a mod that edits the helmet so you can see the guards eyes through the eye holes

yeah, but is just a retexture of the eye holes part. It's not a hole in the mesh.

I don't think this mod is too hard to do. Or maybe change the helmet for another vanilla helmet. Iron, for example.