OnActivate script on Activator without Model

Stupefiant

Hello,

I'm new to scripting in the GECK, I searched for a tutorial or an answer on the forum but couldn't find out.

I think it's a rookie mistake, so:

I want to trigger a message when the player activate my sink (the broken one: Clutter\Bathroom\DrinkSinkBrokeSTATIC04.NIF).

But if I create an empty activator I can't assign to it the model because I have to go in Data and well, there is only custom other mod content. And it seems like I can't paste the path.

Anyway my first idea was to put the static model sink and wrap it with an activator (I clicked on the T icon on a box in the GECK top menu, like Trigger I guess).

But my message only show up if my script start with "OnTrigger player", if it starts with "OnActivate" or "OnActivate player", the message won't show up even if I press E.

So can I do an invisible trigger activable by the player or how to assign a model to an activator ?

Thanks you in advance !

I can think of 2 methods to do what I think you're trying to do. Assuming that you need to make a new base object of a vanilla mesh, since I think the sink is probably an activator anyway, you can double click another that uses the same mesh, change the ID, switch the script to the one you want the new sink to use, click OK, and click the option to create a new form that pops up. As long as you change the editor ID, you'll be prompted whether or not to create a new form.

The other method, which is more useful if you want to make say, a static into an activator, for example, is to extract the desired mesh from the .bsa, put it into your data folder (preserving the file path), then choosing it when making the new form. After the form has been made (and saved), you can delete it from your data folder and the plugin will read it from the .bsa.

Edit: half ninja'd

Edited by uhmattbravo