Head skeletal mesh crash?!

Phnx

Hi. I'm trying to use a duplicate of the SM_Head skeletal mesh, but when I select the new head in-game I CTD. I think I may have tracked down why it crashes. Every upk that contains data for the different heads/faces/races has its own SM_Head in it. So that may be the issue why it can't be overridden by a mod. Can anyone help? :sad:

Edited by Phnx

That's interesting, thanks! :D

So, I guess the crucial part is this?

- The only way I found to prevent the game from crashing (when choosing bodyparts), was to unload the skeletal mesh first, prior to applying the morphtargetset on the mesh. This is why sometimes it flickers a bit too much when selecting body parts (also because I suck at coding... I'm just a designer...), because first is loading the mesh referenced on the ARC, then it unloads it, then applies the MorphTargetSet, and then loads the mesh again. This operation must be done on any BodyPart, specially on those that do not have Morphs. Any way around this?

I'm no coder. How would I do this?

I'm currently running the game uncooked. I can do whatever I want I cannot change the path to the skeletal mesh in the head archetype. It's deeply hard-coded. Choose any other path and the game CTDs. I even can't change the XComHeadContent.uc. The contents of that are also hard-coded. This is really depressing. :( The only option would be to give everyone glowing eyes. If only I could assign an MIC to the head mesh's eyes via a scripted condition or something. :P