Total Conversion Mods You'd Like to See

PresumingEddard

What TC mods would you want to see for TES V? MERP seems to be coming along nicely and is now being ported to Skyrim, which is good, as The Lord of the Rings licence seems to be wasted on most game developers. A TES-style game set in Middle Earth is something I and a lot of others have been wanting for ages. That's only an example though. What other settings or concepts do you think would be good inspirations for a total conversion?

I think A Song of Ice and Fire could make an interesting setting for a Skyrim mod. The plots aren't even all that different, if you look at the beginning of A Clash of Kings (book 2 in the series). A fragile empire is falling apart with its leader recently dead, dragons are returning to the world, the north-most province is revolting and claiming its independence...

Possible mild spoilers for ASoIaF ahead, if anyone cares.

The mod as I envision it would focus on the northern half of Westeros during the War of the Five Kings. The player would be able to join the Stark faction or fight on the side of the Lannisters and their allies. You could join the Night's Watch (or be forced to do so as an alternative to prison), be a "sellsword" mercenary, a knight or eventually lord appointed by whichever major faction you aid, all the while the land is roamed by Ironmen raiders, brigands and wildling bands. Plenty of room for quests, lots of potential weapons and armour (Valyrian Steel, anyone?). Only downside I can think of is that you can't fight from horseback in Skyrim, and mounted combat plays a large part in ASoIaF. I guess spells would generally be unavailable...

I imagine there are at least a few fans of the series on these boards (even though no-one ever did a ASoIaF mod for the earlier TES games), if there's any interest among the community I'd actually try to gather a mod team.

So, you know, please post your own ideas, and/or comment on this one.

RIFT: Planes of Telara.

Not necessarily a total conversion, more-so the Rift mechanics.

I want Rifts to pop up like Dragon battles and Oblivion Gates. The invasion aspect could wait, but just wandering along through Riverwood, and then seeing the sky turn to rain, as this giant whirlpool of water opens up in the sky, spewing out mud-crabs and such. It'd be awesome.

Edited by IxionInc

Mostly what I'd like is to move away from Dark Ages/Medieval visuals and get a little progress goin'. Not much, early Renaissance would be roughly the same technology level, but it would also allow for finer fabrics and clothes, chemically treated lumber for houses (All those alchemists and not ONE has invented furniture polish or weather resistant deck stains?), improved roads (including lights near cities and better paving along major thoroughfares), and so on. Granted, Skyrim isn't the Imperial City, but it's not the Sticks, either. Plus, it's 200 years after Oblivion, but NOTHING seems to have improved in that time. In some ways things seem to have regressed-- isn't there a floor in all of Skyrim without holes in it? It's like standing on a sieve. And, I don't care HOW 'realistic' it is, I'm sick of me and everyone else being dirty. Farmer, Miners, ok, no problem. But barmaids and Jarls aren't known for grubbing around in the dirt.

That's what *I'D* like in an overhaul. ^_^

Would be very cool to see a "OOO - Oscuro's Oblivion overhaul" made for Skyrim :)

The amount of storylines they added to Oblivion was just awesome! (for those who have never heard of it : http://devnull.sweetdanger.net/OOO/OOO_Guide.html)

But these kind of mods are probably still a long way off, as we dont even have a CK yet :(

• 5 weeks later...