Bink Videos not showing correct colors in game

clintmich

I'm having an issue with my bink video playing correctly in Skyrim SE. It plays fine in standard skyrim, but in Skyrim SE all the brown colors in video are a shade of blue. I tried re-binking the video but the colors are still messed up.

(Worth noting the colors are only wrong in game, if played normally on a video player everything is good)

Any help would be appreciated. This is the last step in converting my Super Skyrim Bros mod over to SE.

Thanks in advance.

• 3 weeks later...

It's an issue with all Bink videos in SSE. The modified graphics engine affects video playback as well. Looking at the BGS logo video through RAD Video Tools, no special settings were toggled during compression, but there is a slight color difference when played outside the game. It just isn't as noticeable as in videos with a larger color range than silver + black. Bethesda might not have even realized that videos were being affected.

Working around the color inversion would involve applying custom filters during video editing. It would be a matter of trial and error to get it looking as close to the original as possible in-game.

I have come to realize this is a bethesda error on their part. Nothing can really be done except trying to do a workaround as you have suggested. I eventually had to re-shoot my video in a different location where no brown color was on screen. The final result in game looks pretty awesome though. It produced a sunset effect, so I just went with it:)