How to make a hair for skyrim using 3ds max?

lovedby

Tried to export nif as .obj in nifskope then put it in max. continued on with the rest of the steps i listed before. This time the game didnt crash but the hair didnt show up. no idea why that caused a change. If anyone comes up with any more advice it would be much appreciated.

I don't use max, so I'm unaware of any issues using that, maybe someone more knowledgeable in that area can help. In the meantime I'd do this test to see where the problem may be. Select all verts and assign them to the head bone, and assign it all as a single dismember partition 131.

edit: double-check your shader settings in NifSkope, you didn't explicitly mention copy/paste of a vanilla shaderproperty, but I assume you are.

Edited by throttlekitty

If you have a few minutes to watch a video it shows the exact method I'm using

I'm not even sure if this method can apply to hair, but I figured a helmet was the closest thing. I've tried setting it as a single dismember partition 131 and as 131 and 141. I'd like to note that different methods of importing the modded file into 3ds max give different results when trying to view it in the game. If i import to max as a .nif delete the skin data and follow the videos procedures it crashes the game. If I import it to 3ds max as a .obj and follow the videos procedures only the hairline is viewable.

And yes the textures are copy/pasted from a vanilla file.

BTW, thanks for letting me pick your brain about this. I tried to figure this out on my own before comming to the forums but I've ran out of things to try

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

That's weird, when I use it in "NPC editor" it shows up perfectly and without the .tri.

But in the game and creation kit it's a crash straight out.

I've followed the same path as gage2878...

And people who succeeded at importing hair just tell you "we put the hair and it worked", nobody wants to explain how to do it that's so bad...