Skooma Mod?

xTomei

There needs to be a drug overhaul once the CK comes out in a few weeks. I'm thinking about doing that or maybe co-labbing with a friends for it.

• 2 weeks later...

tl;dr version: mod skooma to have the health effects of Black-Briar Reserve but the visual effects of Sleeping Tree Sap.

I have no idea how it would be done - I know nothing about modding - but all I ask is that someone make a mod that gives skooma the "Sleeping Tree Sap" visual distortion effect. A handful of modders have made complex skooma mods that give the drug serious side effects, but the game's price calculator looks at the effects and goes, "Ah! A very expensive potion!" and jacks the price up in the hundreds of thousands. So:

Skooma must be modded:

1) to give a visual distortion,

2) to have combined effects on par with, say, Black-Briar Reserve or Sleeping Tree Sap,

3) to have effects that are reminiscent of a narcotic... a sudden boost to stamina (the hit), yet poor stamina regeneration (the crash), for instance; and

4) to be sufficiently inexpensive that an addict, not just a casual user, would be able to afford it.

Seems simple enough.

tl;dr version: mod skooma to have the health effects of Black-Briar Reserve but the visual effects of Sleeping Tree Sap.

I have no idea how it would be done - I know nothing about modding - but all I ask is that someone make a mod that gives skooma the "Sleeping Tree Sap" visual distortion effect. A handful of modders have made complex skooma mods that give the drug serious side effects, but the game's price calculator looks at the effects and goes, "Ah! A very expensive potion!" and jacks the price up in the hundreds of thousands. So:

Skooma must be modded:

2) to have combined effects on par with, say, Black-Briar Reserve or Sleeping Tree Sap,

3) to have effects that are reminiscent of a narcotic... a sudden boost to stamina (the hit), yet poor stamina regeneration (the crash), for instance; and

4) to be sufficiently inexpensive that an addict, not just a casual user, would be able to afford it.

Seems simple enough.

Lol... All very good ideas. I may look into porting my Skooma Addiction mod over to Skyrim in the future.

-MM

I forget what game introduced addiction, but it was done very well.

Maybe Fable? I don't think so. But maybe.

Ultimately, you would take the drug, or alcohol, and you had a chance to become addicted if you used to so many times. Taking it, as an addict, would then give you the buff, but you would receive an equal penalty when you came down. I would think it would be easy to generate this effect as a Disease...called "Addiction", showing up on your active effects. You could have multiple "Addictions" and each one would show up and be described as what you're addicted to.

Black-Briar Mead

Black-Briar Reserve

Mead

Ale

Argonian Ale

Win

Skooma

Moon Sugar

Sleeping Tree Sap

(Other plants that could be considered drugs)

Each of these would give a bonus, but then a penalty.

It'd be cool to add some tribute items too....liiiiike.....Fisstech (The Witcher) and Red Eye (Cowboy Bebop) Hehehe.

Come to think of it, maybe it was The Witcher that I'm thinking of that had addiction. I still cannot remember.

Anyway, I like this idea a lot. I'd also like some drunken effects as well. Maybe....change the animation of your character slightly when under the effect as well, to illustrate that you're under the influence.

Just some suggestions.

Ultimately, you would take the drug, or alcohol, and you had a chance to become addicted if you used to so many times. Taking it, as an addict, would then give you the buff, but you would receive an equal penalty when you came down.

Sounds like FO3 to me.

Ultimately, you would take the drug, or alcohol, and you had a chance to become addicted if you used to so many times. Taking it, as an addict, would then give you the buff, but you would receive an equal penalty when you came down.

Sounds like FO3 to me.

Aha! THAT'S it. Thank you. :thumbsup:

Judging how most everyone has probably played that that has also played Oblivion, that should then be pretty easy to convert from no?

I'm no programmer but it seems far more doable than some stuff.

Sounds like FO3 to me.

Aha! THAT'S it. Thank you. :thumbsup:

Judging how most everyone has probably played that that has also played Oblivion, that should then be pretty easy to convert from no?

I'm no programmer but it seems far more doable than some stuff.

Yeah, addiction is actually not too hard to mod into the game, at least it wasn't for Oblivion. A few magical SPEL effects, keeping track of time since last used, etc,.

Skooma must be modded:

Seems simple enough.

Lol... All very good ideas. I may look into porting my Skooma Addiction mod over to Skyrim in the future.

-MM

Here's hoping that you will! :-) Till then, I've gone and modded Skooma myself: http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=5902