Request: Atronachs & Light

tocargero

hi, i was in a dungeon and using candlelight and summon a fire atronach when candlelight goes off... and then, while looking at my summon i see no light coming from her... i was wondering if there is a mod that make the fire atronach illuminate the area like a torch or some.. i mean... its a FIRE atronach isn't it? it should work as a moving torch... i couldn't found anything like that .. so.. there is someone that can make a mod that make the fire atronachs to work as an actually 'torch' creature?

it may should work for storm atronach too, not in the same way of course, myb like some soft flash lights i mean it have lightnings in his body.. of course not like a moving disco flash-light haha but you get the point..

*and i wonder if the fire atronach should cast a shadow too

Edited by tocargero

This is an awesome idea! I would love my Flame Atronachs to light the way for me through those dark dungeons -- after all, it's only logical that a being made of pure fire cast light like, I dunno, pure fire! Seems a bit silly that a conjurer with a cohort of elemental fire has to walk around with a bleedin' torch just to see in the dark...

Come to think of it, do the fire spells cast light already? If not, those certainly should, too!

The fire spells do, kinda. But not a strong light. However, I think all atronachs should get this light, because Candlelight and Magelight are freaking worthless. I feel that that kind of dual functionality would make conjuration spells like, 20% cooler.

As for what light?

Well, Fire Atronachs are like a bloody torch, so that's covered.

Frost Atronachs could cast some kind of blue glow or mist, or it could glow in the colors of an aurora or something. It's a big glacier. Come on.

Sorm Atronachs could glow purple. Maybe a bunch of sparkles and sparks could fly from it every now and then.

• 1 month later...