Follower's Weapon Fix (Hunting bow dilemma)

Thesblah

I'd like to see a mod properly fix followers from using their default gear in certain cases. Derkeethus for instance, was using a bow I gave him for a long time, but now he just uses his default hunting bow even when he doesn't have it in his inventory. He has a problem with dual wielding with a pickaxe as well.

I hear this is a problem with many of the followers. Sometimes they decide to use the equipment with the highest value given to them and sometimes they ignore it and use whatever. Would save a lot of frustration if someone fixed it.

Thanks.

I'd like the mod to just do away with "default" equipment entirely that can't respawn and that shows up in the NPC's inventory list when you trade with them. That way you could just give them what you want them to wear/use and do away with everything else they start with that you don't want. I can think of a few reasons why followers were coded this way with default equipment, but it seems to be outweighed by all of the problems it seems to cause.

I'd like the mod to just do away with "default" equipment entirely that can't respawn and that shows up in the NPC's inventory list when you trade with them. That way you could just give them what you want them to wear/use and do away with everything else they start with that you don't want. I can think of a few reasons why followers were coded this way with default equipment, but it seems to be outweighed by all of the problems it seems to cause.

I wish they had an improved system of what the "Raise dead" spells do. Have the NPC NOT have a default inventory, aside from clothes, armor, etc., and instead pick up any better weapons they find from the environment. Like off of corpses and such. It'd be cool to have Faendal walk up to a slain draugr in Bleak Falls Barrow, and have him pick up not just an Ancient Nord Bow, but as many Ancient Nord Arrows as he can carry.

I wish they had an improved system of what the "Raise dead" spells do. Have the NPC NOT have a default inventory, aside from clothes, armor, etc., and instead pick up any better weapons they find from the environment. Like off of corpses and such. It'd be cool to have Faendal walk up to a slain draugr in Bleak Falls Barrow, and have him pick up not just an Ancient Nord Bow, but as many Ancient Nord Arrows as he can carry.

Sure, but you'd also have to teach the AI to respect damage values and class type.