How would you expand the cities of Skyrim?

BadMaker

I also think being the Jarl of a city would be cool. Maybe not a large scale vanilla city, those Jarls all seem important to quests and what not. Maybe like Rorikstead, or Ivarstead? You build up the town and earn the title of Lord, or maybe even Thane. Then that title would actually be useful and make me feel like I'm important for having a title. I do love the smaller towns in Skyrim, Riverwood is probably my favorite. They too deserve some lovin.

I also think being the Jarl of a city would be cool. Maybe not a large scale vanilla city, those Jarls all seem important to quests and what not. Maybe like Rorikstead, or Ivarstead? You build up the town and earn the title of Lord, or maybe even Thane. Then that title would actually be useful and make me feel like I'm important for having a title. I do love the smaller towns in Skyrim, Riverwood is probably my favorite. They too deserve some lovin.

Jarls are the governors of entire county like "hold" areas, not cities. Thane is also a title for the hold, not a city.

• 6 months later...

Theres this really cool skyrim mod being developed by a group of modders. The mod adds a new city to Skyrim called Luftahraan, but the city isnt like your normal skyrim city, it's MASSIVE and more emmersive than any other city in Vanilla Skyrim.

The main part of the city consists of 2 large islands off the northern coast of Skyrim, but when you add the massive undercity, pirate island and farmland on the coast, this city is more than 3 times the size of whiterun.

The mod adds loads of new characters, quests, and gameplay to the game; the mod includes:

-2 large islands, an undercity, a pirate island, farmland and more

-3 new factions

-a lore-friendly mainquest

-a new player home

-many shops, houses and other buildings

-tons of new weapons and armor

-loads of quests

-an ARENA!!!!

-and much, much more!

This mod will take the cities of Skyrim to a whole new level of emmersion and is arguably as good as Dawnguard. But the mod needs publicity so SPREAD THE WORD. but remember, it is still in progress and will take between 1-3 months to finish.

for more information go to:

Luftahraan.com

(the project's forums)

(a review of the mod-in-progress)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PawS0XyLqOE

(the official introductory video to the mod-in-progress)