Kill Anoriath (Dark Brotherhood quest) bug?

Susurruss

On the DB quest, Kill Anoriath, I killed him just outside the Drunken Huntsman (his brother’s shop) and was completely undetected (no bounty). I went inside the Drunken huntsman and Elrindir said something like “How can I help you today, you worthless scum?” (Or some other insult.) He was completely normal afterwards and never said it again.

Not really sure if this is a bug, maybe the bugged part is that he’s only supposed to say it if you get caught?

On the DB quest, Kill Anoriath, I killed him just outside the Drunken Huntsman (his brother’s shop) and was completely undetected (no bounty). I went inside the Drunken huntsman and Elrindir said something like “How can I help you today, you worthless scum?” (Or some other insult.) He was completely normal afterwards and never said it again.

Not really sure if this is a bug, maybe the bugged part is that he’s only supposed to say it if you get caught?

I helped the Stormcloaks take Whiterun and he referred to me as a 'miserable wretch' every time afterward. I don't think I was DB by then.

Revyn Sadri in Windhelm said something similar when I grassed him up to Viola Giordano. I killed him.

I helped the Stormcloaks take Whiterun and he referred to me as a 'miserable wretch' every time afterward. I don't think I was DB by then.

That's the phrase! :D But I never joined the Stormies - I had only done the DB and some radiant quests before i killed his brother. And he only said it once. I guess selling him his brother's belongings that I pulled off his still-warm body raised his disposition back up to where he never said it again.

That's the phrase! :D But I never joined the Stormies - I had only done the DB and some radiant quests before i killed his brother. And he only said it once. I guess selling him his brother's belongings that I pulled off his still-warm body raised his disposition back up to where he never said it again.

Well, here's what I would do. If it was blatantly disrespectful and out of line, I'd give him a good old "Fus Roh Dah" right in the face to remind him that I'm the mother f***in Dragonborn,and I won't put up with that kind of talk.

Edited by trees415