Skyrim - An Idea for a Major Conversion [ Alagaësia ]

MCBM

ah ok, i'll try that other method so i could add details straigh to my models before i send them to you

Ah hang on! Took me a while to realise how your method of normalmapping applied to me. but i think i see now ^^

Just don't normalmap them for now. (because i think your going to need the textures to get the full normalmap.) i'll give it a try tomorrow as its getting somewhat late atm. (not to mention the exams tomorrow :tongue: )

Next blade i'll do is the elven blade to get used to the low poly count and try the mapping in blender.

• Replies 617
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Working with dagger. Here's the low poly model. 350 vertexes.

Feedback is appreciated, be it positive or negative. (not just the dagger, but all models)

I like the gap in the blade! :D

Has something extremely foreign to it. :ohdear:

Regarding the earlier high-poly models: well, we all love the Epic blade :P stuff in that style just works very well.

Would love a little hint as to the style (elven, steel, orcish, etc) your aiming for with a model. That would give me an idea how i could best texture it. (for example: a lushly decorated elven dagger or a dark, assassin type dagger.)

Can't really complain about your models that i've tried to texture really... :)

Currently working on the Epic sword.

Went with the following suggestion:

-snip-

I quite like it. But prefer your epic sword! Did you read my suggestion for it's role? A dragon slaying sword Of the enimies, Maybe if we use my dark elf (from alagaesia) maybe they made it once they left and plan to return and kill all the dragons. (not knowing of the riders) it could be black with gold runes of the ancient language? What do you think?

Made it a sort of (dragon?)bone blade, Will add a blood red line along the center of the blade using glowmaps which will meet a red glowing arcane rune at the center of the crossguard.

It's still a heavy WIP, but i would appreciate your opinions about how it's looking so far. :)

Textures are getting better and better. :thumbsup:

And what comes to the style. i can post image i based the model upon, but you can do whatever looks cool.

Here's the picture of that dagger. I'll do the hi-poly model now.

EDIT: Here is the dagger model. Low-poly on layer 1 and high-poly on layer 2.

I haven't done the baking yet, because i don't know if i can do it for you. I trust you know how to do it when you need to.

(i'm little worried about this model, the UV unvrap seemed strange.. or what do i know. :rolleyes: )

:mellow: file size increased from 200KB to 2000KB

Edited by AnonDraco

Textures are getting better and better. :thumbsup:

And what comes to the style. i can post image i based the model upon, but you can do whatever looks cool.

Here's the picture of that dagger. I'll do the hi-poly model now.

Wow! :D God i wish we could animate the swords! i want that crossguard to fold and unfold as you sheathe and unsheathe it :ninja:

Images will do just fine :) Thank you!

Edit:

You're right about the baking. Thats something i need to do when i've got the textures on it, because they'll have an effect on the normals aswell.

Don't worry about the UV's they'll be fine ;)

And lol about the filesize :P Won't kill us.. right?

Edited by Urwy