Skyrim - An Idea for a Major Conversion [ Alagaësia ]

MCBM

• Replies 617
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I get the message :)

If the rest of the team doesnt understand, i'm willing to translate it from Dutch :)

But i think they get the idea as well.

Thanks for the tip!

En als je een beetje met de CK overweg kan, kunnen we nog best een mapper gebruiken die een goede systematiek heeft :)

yeah thanks and good luck

I wish I could help, but like I said I am no experienced modder or scripter (little bit of fun scripting to mess with school computers here and there but no more then that).

I myself am a reader of the inheritance cycle so I am particulary happy people are trying this.

However I also question the likliness (haalbaarheid) of getting it done, for if you want a total conversion you will effectively create a inheritance RPG game.

but succes anyway

Dunno if it was suggested already (I'm not about to read whole 60 pages), but:

MAGICS:

- completely delete all spells, leave (and expand) just shouts (erase CDs of them).

- make magicka add to Stamina, and don't show Magicka anymore on UI (larger "energy" pool)

- make shouts cost stamina. When your stamina is gone, make shouts cost HP. (make it so if you have 20 stamina left and want to shout a 40 stamina shout, it will take 20 stamina and only 20 hp, not full 40 HP because there is not enough pure stamina to cast).

- there is no minimum limit, so if you shout without having enough HP for it left, you WILL die.

- make special usable artifacts (gems would do best) that will be able to store your life energy (stamina - make a spell that drains 100% of your current stamina and add it to usable item) - whenever you are out of stamina, you can activate the artifact to get another layer of stamina to drain - casting again will drain stamina from artifact, not from your body, until it's empty or you activate it again to shut it down.

To balance it, I would suggest putting a 24 hour CD on the "fill" spell, so you won't end up having 11048241804214 stamina reserve after few minutes in town.

Words of Power:

- should be able to learn them from NPCs, Books, Altars, Armor, or just by hearing someone say them.

Combined effect:

- make combinations of different words do different things (like in books) - that will require new interface options to make a new words by combining those you already know - this way you can create thousands of spells.

otherwise thumbs up for the idea, I would very much like to play that.

I get the message :)

If the rest of the team doesnt understand, i'm willing to translate it from Dutch :)

But i think they get the idea as well.

Thanks for the tip!

En als je een beetje met de CK overweg kan, kunnen we nog best een mapper gebruiken die een goede systematiek heeft :)

yeah thanks and good luck

I wish I could help, but like I said I am no experienced modder or scripter (little bit of fun scripting to mess with school computers here and there but no more then that).

I myself am a reader of the inheritance cycle so I am particulary happy people are trying this.

However I also question the likliness (haalbaarheid) of getting it done, for if you want a total conversion you will effectively create a inheritance RPG game.

but succes anyway

Reiterating Urwy, English is my first language and I completely understood you :smile:

Thanks for the advice, it's helpful when creating a base plan for commencing with the mod.

My thanks also to Peregrine, I'm not certain if I've touched on the system in any detail yet on this forum, but yes that is pretty much what we are going to do. I tend to overcomplicate things and your explanation is far more coherent, so thanks for the clarity lol :tongue:

Though I hadn't considered the cooldown lockout on chargeables yet, I didn't foresee that flaw with the storage gems... Hmmm interesting idea.

I would LOVE to include the combination system personally, but I'm sad to say I'm not sure it's possible atm :facepalm: , we discussed something like it and we'll probably integrate a way to combine certain words for custom spells, but I'm not sure we could mesh all of them, there are just too many.

Perhaps with a couple more over-zealous scripters and 1+ year though.

well then, to combination spells:

let's say you combine 3 words and cast it:

a) spell is in the database ("known" word) - you will cast it, because the effect for it was found

b) spell is not in the database yet ("too powerful" for you to use) - after casting it, you will DIE (or if you don't want - you will wake up after 24 hour coma :biggrin: )

ideas for spells from book:

brisingr, v1 - enhance your current weapon to create a powerful blast on impact

brisingr, v2 - creates a fire on target place (possible to use to light up caverns, etc)

brisingr, v3 - when holding legendary sword Brisingr, it will start to burn, dealing bonus damage and leaving enemies on fire

jierda, v1 - catapult victim into air, fall damage probably kills them

jierda, v2 - break legs of all enemies in front of you, cutting some HP and greatly slowing/rooting them (~10 stamina per enemy)

jierda, v3 - break arms of all enemies in front of you, cutting some HP and making them drop weapons (~10 stamina per enemy)

mor'amr - opens locked doors/chests (possible more variants for each lock difficulty)

btw, to make magics feel more natural:

- once you learn a word, you will learn only it's BASIC meaning

- from NPCs, books and "meditation" with other mage, you can uncover all other meanings of the word (not for free.. NPCs may want you to pay or do a quest for them first)

(if my suspicion is correct and shouts are recognized by ID, not the actual audio file or name - this means you can add almost unlimited number of meanings (spells) to a single word)

Hero could start as a simple farmer in any of the villages around the world, with no combat skills at all to start with (well, to be fair, give him few basic points in archery :D). Now we can decide if we want a book-like story, or free open world. The first will include a companion that will give you the necessary quests to learn to fight, cast, ride a horse and everything else, and with who you will wander the world. Or you can decide to make an open world, where you can freely travel wherever you like

Cities should be big, and each of them should have at least 1 secret path inside (aka if you chose to be warden, you can't walk into Galbatorix' city via front gate. When you talk to citizens of the enemy city you are visiting, you gotta be careful what you say.. one bad word against the empire will make them call the guards to set you into jail.

To guard AI - they should not recognize you, unless you promenade in front of them like an idiot. It's also good to have a spare Beggar/soldier/whatever clothes on, you will be able to fool them better (and therefore pass even to semi-guarded areas like Shipyard etc)

Edited by peregrine111

yeah, great! cant wait to see it! Hey why not make a topic in the progress section of our forums :)

Peregrine: you mentioned galbarorix's city... Well our mod is to be set 10 years after the events of 'inheritance' :)

You see this is why we need a now topic with a very detailed first post so everyone gets it ;)

Edited by brunnwag