Skyrim - An Idea for a Major Conversion [ Alagaësia ]

MCBM

It's always the prisoner...

How about this:

You are a thief. You have managed to sneak somewhere where the eggs are held. When you find the eggs, one of them hatches for you. (the one you decided to steal, so you can deside which colour/gender you want)

Dont ask me how he got past all the security measures/wards. :blush:

just an idea that came to my mind...

Yeah I like this idea as well. It is indeed original and the player will be able to prove his/her worth to Eragon afterwards ( considering that Eragon would be forced to accept him/her to the Riders).

To become a Rider, you need to touch an egg of the dragon, that will "accept" you - everybody knows that.

But where we can find an egg, or will somebody even allow us to touch it?

I tought of a few ideas:

First - Eragonlike - finding - You are making some quests and when travelling around mountains you see some dying Dragon, when you came close she speaks to you, to take care of her egg to not being kidnapped by the not-vardens, who are evil. When you touch the egg it will hatch after 24 hours, and then you have to think about the side you would like to choose, you cannot stay freelance, because you will be too powerful, to be not allied with one of the sides.

Second - Appertience - You are allied with one of the sides, and as other NPC scholars you need to touch eggs every(for example) Morndas until you touch the one, which will hatch for you(you can touch only one of several eggs at once).

more to come...

I like the first idea a lot. It would work muct better. Your second idea was my original thought but now I kinda dismiss it within my mind in light of yours

• Replies 617
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah, we could maybe start a new faction of anti-vardens (lols)maybe rebellious mages against the rumoured control of the ancient language that may be coming.

EDIT: Maybe you get the role of transporting one of the eggs? after doing loads of quests for orik.

That is awesome, the role of transporting the eggs will grant you the best opportunity to be with a dragon egg.

This one is numer 1 for me.

its abit like Arya though

dying Dragon, when you came close she speaks to you, to take care of her egg

So the egg would be "wild"?

that doesn't work

Why not? If the dragon wants it to, Eragon could bless it so that it will chose a Rider.

yeah, we could maybe start a new faction of anti-vardens (lols)maybe rebellious mages against the rumoured control of the ancient language that may be coming.

EDIT: Maybe you get the role of transporting one of the eggs? after doing loads of quests for orik.

That is awesome, the role of transporting the eggs will grant you the best opportunity to be with a dragon egg.

I like the idea but it will not seem very original ( since Arya used to do it ). I'll stick with the dying dragon idea, I think.

that doesn't really matter. In the books, Arya did have some bond with saphira, but she didnt hatch, Firnen hatched when she was in ellesmera, so the story still is original. I think it will have the same bond with dragon and whatever race you are, to have one of them hatch for you.

that doesn't work

Why not? If the dragon wants it to, Eragon could bless it so that it will chose a Rider.

Did Eragon ever learn those spells? if he did, OK. (I still have 300 pages to go :happy:)

But then: you'd have to go to the riders immediately and begin your training, and that sets some limits

that doesn't really matter. In the books, Arya did have some bond with saphira, but she didnt hatch, Firnen hatched when she was in ellesmera, so the story still is original. I think it will have the same bond with dragon and whatever race you are, to have one of them hatch for you.

Yes but why would someone transport the eggs? The war is over and the races can send envoys to Eragon's place to get the eggs..

By the way guys we need a name for Eragon's Place.

I was thinking of Vardengard. What do you guys think?

that doesn't work

Did Eragon ever learn those spells? if he did, OK. (I still have 300 pages to go :happy:)

But then: you'd have to go to the riders immediately and begin your training, and that sets some limits

Heh I won't ruin the book for you but Eragon has the way :P

Edited by MCBM