Skyrim - An Idea for a Major Conversion [ Alagaësia ]

MCBM

I have an idea for the setup of the story, if you haven't decided on it already. It's a way to retain the vanilla Skyrim, as well as introduce Riders. How about we have Eragon come to the land of Skyrim after he has defeated Galbatorix (Skyrim conveniently being the land he sailed to) and you have defeated Alduin, you meet with him after he hears about the Alduin crisis and he gives you the oppurtunity of becoming a Rider. You take a few aptitude tests before going to look for an egg, your morality decides which color of egg hatches for you. You then gain the option of travelling to Alagaesia, where a super powerful Shade/Dragon/Galbatorix reborn/penguin has begun a campaign to topple the fledgling government by forming alliances with those who fell into disfavor after the death of the old king.

Eragon and Arya would be the two main questgivers and allies, while Murtagh would occasionally show up to help out when things get really desperate.

Edited by Issa 5

• Replies 617
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have an idea for the setup of the story, if you haven't decided on it already. It's a way to retain the vanilla Skyrim, as well as introduce Riders. How about we have Eragon come to the land of Skyrim after he has defeated Galbatorix (Skyrim conveniently being the land he sailed to) and you have defeated Alduin, you meet with him after he hears about the Alduin crisis and he gives you the oppurtunity of becoming a Rider. You take a few aptitude tests before going to look for an egg, your morality decides which color of egg hatches for you. You then gain the option of travelling to Alagaesia, where a super powerful Shade/Dragon/Galbatorix reborn/penguin has begun a campaign to topple the fledgling government by forming alliances with those who fell into disfavor after the death of the old king.

Eragon and Arya would be the two main questgivers and allies, while Murtagh would occasionally show up to help out when things get really desperate.

Your idea is good however we can't do it, for there is another mod already up to this. Follow THIS link to be directed to it. They are not planning to create Alagaësia though. It's stricktly Skyrim for them.

In this mod, there will be no Skyrim.

Thank you

MCBM

Yeah I read it and I have a correction.

Well, elves and dwarves ( and urgals ) are not farmers! My idea would probably only work for Humans. So I have to change it. Here is a new version :

You are a rasident of Ilirea ( Uru'baen ). While you sleep some *bad faction* come into your house and kidnap you. You wake up in a basement and are tortured. Suddenly you get an opportunity and you kill one of your captors. You grab their weapon and you kill all others. While you are looking for your way out, you stumble accross the faction's plans which seem to want Nasuada dead. You wipe out the gang, go to Nasuada, show her the papers. Be awarded an opportunity to touch an egg. The egg hatches.

Thoughts?

i think being granted an oppertuniy isnt too good of an idea maybe rescueing an egg or as i said in a recent PM aybe put in a small prison and released by a fellow captive who is an egg courier he explains about other missing egg couriers as you escape you see tortured dead couriers and kill some baddies (the friend who helped you dies in a trap. you survive and find the eggs but can only carry one, or your overencumbered and cant exit a note near the eggs tell you the colours and gender of the dragons by the egg (eg: black with gold viens male black dragon. Black wth white viens female black dragon.)

I don't like the "granted opportunity" idea either.

Currently we have two options:

You have been captured by nasty group. An egg carrier is also there, captured. You manage to escape with him and you also take the eggs with you. The egg you pick hatches for you, and you travel with him to vardens who send you to arya.

-Why would they have captured you?

-Your training would start immediately.

-The egg would have very little time to hatch.

(or only you manage to escape and after some wandering the egg hatches. You contact vardren, when you want, and they send you to arya.)

-this eliminates the immediate training and hatching time.

While running across the land, you hear sounds of combat. Two groups are fighting eachother. Both sides loose all their men and when you arrive to take a closer look you discover that they were transporting eggs. You take one and after some time, it hatches. (or if you think that's stealing, with his dying breath one of the mens tells you to take the egg(s) to never never land.)

Edited by AnonDraco

taken to jail in the same jail as an egg carrier you both escape he dies but before that he tells you about how a few egg carriers have been capturedand the baddies have a stash of eggs as you escape you eget to choose one egg if you choose more than one your over-encumbered and cant move at all? You track down the assassins on your own once the egg hatches you go to uru'bean to tell nasuada and go to arya.

this = my favourite :P

About what else i could possibly do..

I have moderate photoshop skills and 20 or some hours in blender.

sounds like texturing to me :)

EDIT : I don't know what blender does

Edited by MCBM