Skyrim - An Idea for a Major Conversion [ Alagaësia ]

MCBM

• Replies 617
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I made zar'rock, just because i was bored. :tongue:

*checks Urwy's zar'roc* Damn. :pinch:

Oh well, i've only spent 30hours or so in blender.

Used this as a model.

Lets see if i can get some textures on it.

Edit: meh, i'll leave the modeling/texturing for someone who knows how to do it.

But i can still experiment.

Made an egg. :tongue:

Edited by AnonDraco

I made zar'rock, just because i was bored. :tongue:

*checks Urwy's zar'roc* Damn. :pinch:

Oh well, i've only spent 30hours or so in blender.

Used this as a model.

Lets see if i can get some textures on it.

Edit: meh, i'll leave the modeling/texturing for someone who knows how to do it.

But i can still experiment.

Made an egg. :tongue:

That egg looks epic! And the sword isnt bad maybe you could both do some swords :P

He's right about the egg you know ;) looks brilliant!

Btw.. Do we have a file repository somewhere we could upload models and stuff? or just by mail?

Because i'd love to give that sword a try and see if i can get some textures around it :)

Also, that handguard is just so much better than what i came up with :D Props to you! :thumbsup:

looks very cool. It would be nice if the egg had some textures with a bit of depth in it. So you could see the veins a little deeper, like in the movie's egg.

Urwy, did you make a zar'roc too then?

Yeah i did :)

Straight from the project forums:

Well, since i didnt quite get the UV's on the old model to work, i decided to start over from scratch; only reusing the hilt and pommel from the old model, as i was quite satisfied with those (not to mention the UV mapping worked rather well!)

Also did a rudimentary model for the handguard. Which still looks crap if you ask me :scratch:

So; New blade with proper UV's, Hilt and Pommel with working UV's, Rough handguard without uv's.

http://i44.tinypic.com/2sankhz.jpg

http://i42.tinypic.com/5my0b7.jpg

Even though i'm not completely happy with my handguard, i've decided to go ahead an get some textures vor the blade and hilt.

Once i've got that process down i'll think about revising the guard or starting from scratch and get everything right that time.

Edited by Urwy

wheres the groove in the blade gone

I know, i redid the blade and left out that groove for now. it was seriously messing up the UV mapping. (dont worry, it'll be there ;) )

It also has a lot less vertices this time so it isnt such a cumbersome model.

Edited by Urwy

Urwy: here's the sword.

there may be some weird things... sometimes strange things happen and i have no idea what's going on. :pinch: I guess i hit some key combination in accident...

took me about 3h ("Ah! what happened" "no no don't do that" "why wont you work") to make that model. Dunno if it's much or little. Much, i guess.

Edited by AnonDraco