Skyrim - An Idea for a Major Conversion [ Alagaësia ]

MCBM

I would love to offer some voice talent, I don't really have any modding experience, but I have taken quit a few acting classes. I have a microphone (Sure SM 58) but I don't have a sound board yet, but I am going to be buying one. when it comes time to start laying voice tracks for the project, I should have everything I need. let me know if you are interested, and fill me in on the details. I am very interested in this mod, and would love to be a part of it.

• Replies 617
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would love to offer some voice talent, I don't really have any modding experience, but I have taken quit a few acting classes. I have a microphone (Sure SM 58) but I don't have a sound board yet, but I am going to be buying one. when it comes time to start laying voice tracks for the project, I should have everything I need. let me know if you are interested, and fill me in on the details. I am very interested in this mod, and would love to be a part of it.

Thanks for the offer, and I am glad to accept. We will need as many voice actors as we can :)

By the time we will start voicing quests, you shall be called.

Join the mod forums as well, and apply for membership!

Edited by MCBM

Hey guys, just so you know, Christopher Paolini himself has tweeted this thread, so the creator himself is behind this! Good luck!

Link to his tweet: http://twitter.com/#!/InheritanceCP/status/155116882310082560

Now that is very, VERY Cool! :D

Thanks ! :thumbsup:

Edit:

Btw, where do we want another tiny update on that crappy blade texture? (out with the old, in with the new! ^^ ) Since i'm a little confuffled about which forums it should be in.. Nexus or Project forum? (or just plain simple both?)

Edited by Urwy

both :P

Got it ^^

So, the update on the sword:

http://img710.imageshack.us/img710/5378/pic2wg.jpg

Still got a few seams to close up, as well as texturing the pommel and adding more detail to the entire model. I'll also try to determine a nice red tint for the blade (wouldn't be Zar'Roc without it now would t? :P)

So, what's the public opinion about this one? :)

Edit:

Right, it's about an hour after the original posting of this post.

Sized down the gem a bit as indicated by MCBM and gave it some more textures.

http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/5113/pic4yw.png

Edited by Urwy

both :P

Got it ^^

So, the update on the sword:

http://img710.imageshack.us/img710/5378/pic2wg.jpg

Still got a few seams to close up, as well as texturing the pommel and adding more detail to the entire model. I'll also try to determine a nice red tint for the blade (wouldn't be Zar'Roc without it now would t? :P)

So, what's the public opinion about this one? :)

Turns out to get better and better :P

The gem is oversized though.

I don't know whether the issue of the beggining for the Mod is still open, but after having read through 25+ pages (lol) of evolving ideas on the subject, I figured I'd throw in one of my own. I've thought it through and this should be do-able in-game: Start off as a starving/poor child (orphan?) running from city guards (the city is currently guarding dragon egg/s as their guardians rest and recover from a [evil-faction] assault) after stealing some food from nobility, you know the city well and use the rooftops/alleyways/etc. to make your escape before the guards chase you towards the building the eggs are kept in for noble children to test themselves with, you fall through a weak section in the roof above and find yourself in the storage vault/room and over the course of exploring touch and subsequently bond with an egg. It opens up into a system similar to the race selection screen where you choose how your matured dragon will look and yourself (wearing masked/blurred clothing or you screen is blurred from energy exhaustion/blood-loss from lucky guard's arrow). You grow into semi-adolescence under the tutelage of the Dragon Riders before you leave into the world to start the journey. (Method of leaving; attack, capture, final trial gone wrong, etc. optional?)

Anyway as a fan of the Inheritance books (though I can still admit that the writing can be pretty flawed, yet the world is amazing), I'd like to be a member of the Project as anything from a Mapper to a Voice Actor, a Quest-Writer to a Scripter (Script depending on the Creation Kit and Skyrim as I have yet to explore it fully).

I'm going to squeeze in my sincere plea that you do not simply make the Hadarac Desert a passable area, it has great potential as a hardcore area for testing players and a lot of quest options.

Similarly in a testament to CP as Roran played a significant part alongside Eragon, I'd like to propose a small side-questline determined by a 'History' section of the character-building screen [just a simple series of checks: Whether you have a brother? Were you a bully during training? Did you make a good impression as you grew up, etc.?] that you venture to a different location depending on your race and find your brother (same race) or if you were an only child a childhood friend from your street beggar life and embark on a questline together before a choice-based ending were they either die, or succeed and become a fairly renowned figure of some sort (Roran obv. Palancar Valley). The history section of character creation would be simple to implement and depending on a basic check-roll would affect how people react to you in early game before you make many decisions that define your character through quests.

Thanks for exercising my creative muscles with this thread I hope to see you all on the Project Forums as a member :thumbsup:

Heya people!

Quick question and im hoping someone here can answer it :P

Does anyone here have some experience with making bugfree nifs that Skyrim/the creation engine can read?

All my attempts to get Zar'roc's mesh ingame ended in a big red exclamation mark :confused:

I've tried several guides/tutorials but to no avail :(