Skyrim - An Idea for a Major Conversion [ Alagaësia ]

MCBM

I want one thats unusual maybe a curved blade or a wierd hilt and stuff, a more elven looking thing, you know :) i cant draw it tho.

If I remember correctly the description of Durza the Shade's blade is curved and the wire-thin scratch along the blade would be a start to seeing if some of the more personal blades can have indentations and runes for the 'Named' weapons.

• Replies 617
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

-snip- how about you dont get your riders sword till late on in the main quest so we can have loads of weapons to use beforehand because i pick up different better weapons along the quest and while but nothing would beat a riders sword. Most rpgs if not all have weapons based on rank or quest progression so we need that.

-snip-

Sounds quite alright :) make it so that when you finally receive your riders sword you can choose one of seven (mixed 1 and 2-handers..brisingr being available in both, Zar'roc 1-hand, etc) Or maybe recover it if it's the lost blade of another rider.. reserve this method of obtaining for a slightly stronger than average riders sword? which isn't an option if you consider all rider swords to be equal in strength/power.

(Maybe enable the player to obtain only one blade, so you'd have to choose carefully, as it'll effect the rest of your fights..)

Yes , but it will have to be very rare and maybe in dungeons and stuff.

-snip-

Sounds like the places the wordwalls are in right now :P but maybe a little less abundant, since those walls seem to be everywhere!

Giving it a 5%-15% chance or so to randomly spawn brightsteel deposits in high end dungeons. (well, the deposits will be there, but will be either depleted or still contain a few bits of ore.)

That way its less "oh, i know where to find every piece of ore because of last playthrough" <.<

Imagine the joy of actually finding ore when you've already given up all hope of finding it :P

Edit:

Urwy, what do you think of THIS.

NO Subdivision surface used. ~2100 vertexes.

Now it needs epic textures.

Awesome! :D this and the previous blade will keep me busy for a while :D

(btw, loving the file names :laugh: Random sword, Epic sword, etc :P)

Edited by Urwy

Yes maybe the falchion and how about you dont get your riders sword till late on in the main quest so we can have loads of weapons to use beforehand because i pick up different better weapons along the quest and while but nothing would beat a riders sword. Most rpgs if not all have weapons based on rank or quest progression so we need that.

Of course we need weaker items. If you'd have best armor/weapon at start there wouldn't be much fun in exploring.

Yes maybe the falchion and how about you dont get your riders sword till late on in the main quest so we can have loads of weapons to use beforehand because i pick up different better weapons along the quest and while but nothing would beat a riders sword. Most rpgs if not all have weapons based on rank or quest progression so we need that.

Of course we need weaker items. If you'd have best armor/weapon at start there wouldn't be much fun in exploring.

Thats what i meant, it just seemed like our guy was to be getting his seord early on

Thats what i meant, it just seemed like our guy was to be getting his seord early on

Yeah, it's better if it takes time to find the sword. With tough quests and the like

Maybe the 'epic sword' could be a dragonslayer sword, extra damage to dragons (obviously used by an important enemy)

Edit: what happens if our dragon dies, i say your stamina runs out an you health drains so you die of grief?

Double edit: what if the riders sword is optional and comes from finnishing the returning of inheritance items. Maybe it could be a set of quests and when you finnish rhunon offers you a riders sword.

Edited by brunnwag

Made a new sword for you Urwy. :wink:

Again, not much details (about 1400 vertexes) but you can add them easily if you want.

See if you can get some textures on it.

Progress on texturing that sword so far:

http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/2654/88711947.png

Went for a more "good guy" look on this one.

Needs more detail on the hilt, guard and blade.