Skyrim - An Idea for a Major Conversion [ Alagaësia ]

MCBM

yea i agree, it would be nice as a side quest though. I have almost no experience in modding, but i will do as much as i can and try to learn everything about creating the world. We will do it in the steps as you say. That will also make it easier for me to learn i think.

• Replies 617
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really hope that you can pull this off. I do not have the skills to do much in the way of practical help, but I'd love to do something. Voice acting is the only thing I can do from your list, so if you want me then let me know. I'm a brit and sound like one, so I hope that doesn't disadvantage me what with most Eragon fans being American. (To be fair they used british accents in the film, but we don't talk about the film...)

If anyone wants to know what I sound like, here is a sample I did for the Skyrim Audio Books mod. It's not at all relevant, but you can at least hear my voice:

There are at least some British sounding characters/races in Inheritance aren't there? Although I suppose it comes down mostly to fan interpretation, since we-don't-talk-about-the-film...

Edited by Incrediblezagzag

we can say that he altered the meaning of Be not with the name of the ancient language, so he actually teleported himself instead of killing himself. Or am i thinking in the wrong direction?

heh, that's a bit extreme. The name of the Ancient Language can be used to

dispel various enchantments, name creatures that aren't named, release people from their oaths given in the Ancient Language

The possibility of changing the meaning of a word would be a lore-killer since spells that use the word "Weise" for instance would immediately become invalid. Such as "Weise Heill". It's best if we leave the Ancient Language as it is.

Naw, that's fine. I tend to be hit by the most random ideas and get overexcited - I should probably slow down. We should probably focus on making some tester mods in the Skyrim game - so tweaking the magic system, and making shouts learnable from spellbooks, etc. Then perhaps try to recreate a small quest/dungeon in the Skyrim world. Then create our own world, without any quests or anything - just infrastructure and some NPCs. Then obviously we place in the main quest, and other questlines come in after that - it'd be a huge WIP, I imagine, and constantly expanding.

I think if we were to involve Galby, it'd be lame to have him in the main quest. Mainly because we've seen enough of him already XD

Na don't worry about your imagination. Most people would tell you that its a good thing, and it would be true :) We could somehow involve Galbatorix though I'd rather not in the way of him being alive...

And of course we will experiment greately before doing the main thing so that we learn from our errors. Perhaps creating a test Palancar Valley for a start is a good idea :) We would have the chance to test everything

yea i agree, it would be nice as a side quest though. I have almost no experience in modding, but i will do as much as i can and try to learn everything about creating the world. We will do it in the steps as you say. That will also make it easier for me to learn i think.

I'm sure we can help you mod. The creation kit ( as far as it bears resemblance to the GECK or the TES Construction Set ) will be fairly easy tool to use. As it has in the past, Bethesda has always released user-friendly interfaces for modding, so it will most likely be easy for you to become a good mapper quickly enough :)

If you can, experiment with the TES Construction Set or the GECK if you have Oblivion, Morrowind or Fallout 3/NV.

I really hope that you can pull this off. I do not have the skills to do much in the way of practical help, but I'd love to do something. Voice acting is the only thing I can do from your list, so if you want me then let me know. I'm a brit and sound like one, so I hope that doesn't disadvantage me what with most Eragon fans being American. (To be fair they used british accents in the film, but we don't talk about the film...)

I don't mind the accent really :) I myself am not American so it's not an issue. Everyone with a working microphone can help with voice acting and I'd be glad to have you.

Besides, Alagaësia is a big place and it has great variety in accents and cultures.

I would love to be apart of this too. I just finished Inheritance a few days ago, and I really like the idea of this taking place after the fourth book. I also don't have much modding experience. I've done some work with textures here and there, both with Oblivion and Skyrim, but I am willing to learn once the construction set is released.

On a somewhat unrelated note, Hay Hol just put up a color pack for glass armor, and I couldn't help but think about the armor and weapons described in the Inheritance series. They all look pretty awesome:

http://skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=4942

I am not from the states either, but i can do a very good american accent. I think i also have a good elven accent, i've listened a few old norse vids on youtube for pronouncing. ill see what i can do with the oblivion construction set or morrowind, i have them both.

I would love to be apart of this too. I just finished Inheritance a few days ago, and I really like the idea of this taking place after the fourth book. I also don't have much modding experience. I've done some work with textures here and there, both with Oblivion and Skyrim, but I am willing to learn once the construction set is released.

On a somewhat unrelated note, Hay Hol just put up a color pack for glass armor, and I couldn't help but think about the armor and weapons described in the Inheritance series. They all look pretty awesome:

http://skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=4942

We'd be glad to have you :) If you can, experiment with the construction sets of Oblivion / Morrowind or the GECK for Fallout 3/NV for practice.

As for the mod, I saw it and its pretty cool. I hope that creatign Rider's Swords will not be too hard. Rider Armor though is not coloured ( not necessarily at least :P )

I am not from the states either, but i can do a very good american accent. I think i also have a good elven accent, i've listened a few old norse vids on youtube for pronouncing. ill see what i can do with the oblivion construction set or morrowind, i have them both.

That's cool :)

And finally to give some more information/ideas about the mod and about several cities for which we already have the models and textures.

The mod will be released in parts which will be separate worldspaces.

The worldspaces will be fully quested and detailed.

1) Palancar Valley

2) Imperial Plains

3) The Spine

4) The Coast

5) Kuasta ( has to be seperate due to its location )

6) Eoam ( same as above )

7) Hadarac Desert ( might make it unpassable )

8 ) Eastern Plains

9) Du Weldenvarden

10) The Beors + the Dwarven tunnel network and cities.

11) Vroengard

12)

Eragon's City ( could name it Vardengard "Protected City/Place" :P )

Here is a hastily made map of the parts. Traveling between them will be made through outposts ( also proposed on this map )

http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz250/FrostFirePrime/alagaesia.jpg

Now, as for the big cities :

1) Ceunon is already made for us. Through it's description it becomes clear that Whiterun is Ceunon in Skyrim.

2) Belatona/Aberon is described as a city of gray stone. Obviously this helps us as it makes Solitude's buildings available to us.

3) Narda and other small villages can be made with the small village houses of Riverwood etc.

The rest we will have to make ourselves.

The textures for the plains will be easy to find. Most likely import them from Oblivion. Skyrim's textures will be used on the Beors, the Spine and on the Northern Plains.

We'll see..

Edited by MCBM

Rider Armor though is not coloured ( not necessarily at least :P )

We could probably keep most clothing almost identical - perhaps different colour schemes/details for elves and others... but otherwise, it's not really described that heavily in the books, aside from typical fantasy gear.

But yeah, I just wanted to say, I'd happily work on this doing anything. I've never modded anything before, and Skyrim is my first TES game, but I'd be very happy getting my hands dirty. I'd be happy to try my hand at code if that's what's required, too. My natural strength is probably in writing though - I'm a writer before I'm a gamer - although really, I'd be happy to do almost anything.

BTW I am Cielina from Inheritance Forums :P

Now, as for the big cities :

1) Ceunon is already made for us. Through it's description it becomes clear that Whiterun is Ceunon in Skyrim.

2) Belatona/Aberon is described as a city of gray stone. Obviously this helps us as it makes Solitude's buildings available to us.

3) Narda and other small villages can be made with the small village houses of Riverwood etc.

The rest we will have to make ourselves.

The textures for the plains will be easy to find. Most likely import them from Oblivion. Skyrim's textures will be used on the Beors, the Spine and on the Northern Plains.

We'll see..

So you suggest just taking Whiterun and convert it a little and put it in alagaesia? I think we should change dragonsreach to a normal small sized castle or building. Also i think we should remove the Skyforge and Jorrvaskr. Place something else there instead i think.

Rider Armor though is not coloured ( not necessarily at least :P )

We could probably keep most clothing almost identical - perhaps different colour schemes/details for elves and others... but otherwise, it's not really described that heavily in the books, aside from typical fantasy gear.

But yeah, I just wanted to say, I'd happily work on this doing anything. I've never modded anything before, and Skyrim is my first TES game, but I'd be very happy getting my hands dirty. I'd be happy to try my hand at code if that's what's required, too. My natural strength is probably in writing though - I'm a writer before I'm a gamer - although really, I'd be happy to do almost anything.

BTW I am Cielina from Inheritance Forums :P

Heh, yeah we could keep some armors from Skyrim but Alagaësia is big and southern places have different clothes, so we would have to create some more :P

Since you are a beginner you could do mapping. It's fairly easy since Bethesda's modding tools are very user-friendly :) However, if you prefer writing, try scripting. I personally dont know anything about it, but you could read a few tutorials which I have no idea where to find xD.

BTW it's nice that you joined The Nexus. It's a great place for TES and other games. And I suggest you play the previous two TES games. They are great :)

So you suggest just taking Whiterun and convert it a little and put it in alagaesia? I think we should change dragonsreach to a normal small sized castle or building. Also i think we should remove the Skyforge and Jorrvaskr. Place something else there instead i think.

No I meant that the house models and textures are what we need, I didn't mean we should copy-paste whiterun xD Dragonsreach is also good because it has a dragon porch where the player will be able to land with his/her dragon. We would have to make every fort have a porch actually :P

BTW thanks for adding me as a friend.

Yeah I don't really remember any vividly described armor/armor sets, only swords really. I just think it would be cool to have armor the same color as your dragon lol. For the swords though, I can't remember if it was stated already somewhere in the thread, but I think that doing a quest to get your sword would be awesome. And I could really try to do anything except voice acting, unless it's absolutely needed. I will reinstall Oblivion and start going over some tutorials for scripting and modeling and those sort of things as soon as I get back from vacation.

I just got Inheritance for Christmas, so most of that book is still fresh in my mind. However it would probably be a good idea to re-read, or at least skim through, the other three books to refresh my memory on everything.

Edited by Phantom430