Skyrim - An Idea for a Major Conversion [ Alagaësia ]

MCBM

Wow looks better than the out-of-game pics!!!!

That's because Nifscope and blender dont show the environment map on the sword :)

The other swords will follow as they are completed :)

• Replies 617
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yay!

Now all we need to do are all the other blades! :D

Edit: Will definitly do that :D and i suppose you meant modelling tutorials? :)

Well that too. But i was thinking that I could do most of the swords. You could focus more on texturing, since i know nothing about it, and we don't have experienced texurer in our team. (Or do we?)

And we need those advanced techniques like bump and normal mapping. Texturing comes to a bigger role since i need to lower down the vertex count..

http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Blender_3D:_Noob_to_Pro

Also here's the elven sword. i forgot to paste download link. :pinch:

Edited by AnonDraco

Yay!

Now all we need to do are all the other blades! :D

Edit: Will definitly do that :D and i suppose you meant modelling tutorials? :)

Well that too. But i was thinking that I could do most of the swords. You could focus more on texturing, since i know nothing about it, and we don't have experienced texurer in our team. (Or do we?)

And we need those advanced techniques like bump and normal mapping.

http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Blender_3D:_Noob_to_Pro

That's what i was thinking as well, as you clearly outclass me when it comes to modelling :P So texturing sounds fine to me :)

There arent the first textures i've made, but they aren't the last and they'll definitly get better on every go.

And.. More teasers! :D

But here it shows that i'm still using the specular maps from the steelsword :P will change that asap.

Looking good. :biggrin:

I'm not satisfied with the model thou. :dry: Now after those 3 other swords i could do much better. Oh well, doesn't matter, we won't be seeing zar'roc in-game much. :tongue:

Ha! If you feel like making a better one, go right ahead! :P

Just don't be too fast, else i might not be able to keep up and that'll make me look bad :teehee:

Once i've got these first 4 blades done i'll upload them as replacers (since we'll need the CK to properly add them) And the team can give them a go. :)

I'm not satisfied with the model thou. :dry: Now after those 3 other swords i could do much better. Oh well, doesn't matter, we won't be seeing zar'roc in-game much. :tongue:

I quite like it. But prefer your epic sword! Did you read my suggestion for it's role? A dragon slaying sword Of the enimies, Maybe if we use my dark elf (from alagaesia) maybe they made it once they left and plan to return and kill all the dragons. (not knowing of the riders) it could be black with gold runes of the ancient language? What do you think?

I quite like it. But prefer your epic sword! Did you read my suggestion for it's role? A dragon slaying sword Of the enimies, Maybe if we use my dark elf (from alagaesia) maybe they made it once they left and plan to return and kill all the dragons. (not knowing of the riders) it could be black with gold runes of the ancient language? What do you think?

Could be, it looks evil. :P

Now that i look those normal mapping tutorials, i realize that i indeed need to do models with low vertex count.

Urwy. Have you done this?

Use subdivision surface to increase the poly count, go in sculpt mode and add details. Bake the details in low poly model.

Found video:

Could be, it looks evil. :P

Now that i look those normal mapping tutorials, i realize that i indeed need to do models with low vertex count.

Urwy. Have you done this?

Use subdivision surface to increase the poly count, go in sculpt mode and add details. Bake the details in low poly model.

Found video:

That's one way to normalmap an object. But there's an easier and probably faster way to do this in Gimp/Photoshop, which is the method i've been using. (http://cs.elderscrolls.com/index.php/GIMP:_Quality_Normal_Maps)

Guess i can give your method a try though :)