Skyrim - An Idea for a Major Conversion [ Alagaësia ]

MCBM

• Replies 617
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guess i went too low on details..

Not necessarily. Making the grip shorter to suit more as one-hander and giving the grip some curves might just do it :)

But i guess that's just one out of the many ideas :P

Hey i forgot we need rorans hammer if hes to be in the game in his castle.

Edit: i thought of another role that i could do for the team :) worldspace tester? I could try out the bits of the map as we create them if its possible and report anything wrong? This all depends on when i get my graphics card.

Edited by brunnwag

Hey i forgot we need rorans hammer if hes to be in the game in his castle.

Edit: i thought of another role that i could do for the team :) worldspace tester? I could try out the bits of the map as we create them if its possible and report anything wrong? This all depends on when i get my graphics card.

Same here, I have a giant Alienware Gaming PC that can run Skyrim on the highest graphics settings without incident.

Any news yet on when the Creation Kit is out by the way?

Another step forward in texturing all these great models :D

Finally found out how Skyrim handles the shinyness of the blades. So no more mirror blades :)

Also got the bug out of the Bronzebrand blade. (the former "Random sword":P )

Now all i gotta do is smooth the nif before screencap..

Will redo the grip on the epic blade too as the chainmail looks worse than i'd hoped..

http://img714.imageshack.us/img714/4692/screenshot38gq.png

http://img828.imageshack.us/img828/3518/screenshot41a.png

http://img802.imageshack.us/img802/5923/screenshot37f.png

And i'm still looking for a name for the "epic" sword, and i'm open to suggestions.

I, myself came up with (found is a better word) the following name:

Níðhöggr - A dragon fron norse mythology. It's name translates to "Malice striker".

Found this to be rather appropriate for this blade :)

More suggestions?

Regarding the models yet to do:

Just finished unwrapping the dagger and baking it's normals. I'll probably get around to texture it tomorrow. :)

Just finished unwrapping the dagger and baking it's normals. I'll probably get around to texture it tomorrow. :)

Why do you need to unwrap it? i've already done it before i send the file to you.

I gues you didn't mean UV unwrap..

Edited by AnonDraco

Urwy read this:

aww s***, i noticed strange bug when i was re-working the axe, some faces are transparent in texture mode. I immediately checked and noticed that dagger and elven sword had same bugs. It's only few faces and fixing is simple: just delete the transparent faces and then create new ones. Transparency may cause some problems to you. I can fix those models and re-upload them, or you can see what happens and fix them on you own, but then you need to do the hi-poly details too.

Sorry, from now on i'll check them in texure mode and not just in solid.

EDIT: easier way to fix it: select bugged faces and "Flip direction" under "normals" in tool shelf

Edited by AnonDraco

Urwy read this:

aww s***, i noticed strange bug when i was re-working the axe, some faces are transparent in texture mode. I immediately checked and noticed that dagger and elven sword had same bugs. It's only few faces and fixing is simple: just delete the transparent faces and then create new ones. Transparency may cause some problems to you. I can fix those models and re-upload them, or you can see what happens and fix them on you own, but then you need to do the hi-poly details too.

Sorry, from now on i'll check them in texure mode and not just in solid.

Came across this on the dagger yeah :) But Mesh > Normals > Recalculate outside fixed it for me. I guess the faces were just inside out.

And if that's all i gotta do before i start working on them.. so be it :P i can handle a few mouseclicks more ;)

And to reply to your earlier post:

Yea i do need to unwrap them. i know you did too, but you didn't add seams to the model. ;)

Remember this:

(i'm little worried about this model, the UV unvrap seemed strange.. or what do i know. :rolleyes: )

No seams ;)

And i don't mind adding the seams myself. Makes it easier to determine how im gonna wrap the texture around it :)

So that bug won't do any harm :thumbsup:

Would be an amazing mod i'd have to download! 100% support

Thanks Scotty! Spread the good news that we're out here would you? :happy:

Edited by Urwy