Skyrim - An Idea for a Major Conversion [ Alagaësia ]

MCBM

And a question for Draco: I see you applied a mirror modifier to the elven blade, but didnt do that to the dagger or axe. Can i ask you why not?

It kinda made Unwrapping and texturing it rather easy as i only have to do one side :blush: And isn't that easier to model for you aswell? :rolleyes:

I always use mirror whenever i can, seems that i haven't just applied it. For simple sword i can mirror X AND Y, so i really need to do only 1/4th of the sword. :whistling:

Do you want me not to apply the mirror?

Edit.. wait what... I DIDN'T apply the modifier in elven sword, for the rest i did.

Edited by AnonDraco

• Replies 617
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And a question for Draco: I see you applied a mirror modifier to the elven blade, but didnt do that to the dagger or axe. Can i ask you why not?

It kinda made Unwrapping and texturing it rather easy as i only have to do one side :blush: And isn't that easier to model for you aswell? :rolleyes:

I always use mirror whenever i can, seems that i haven't just applied it. For simple sword i can mirror X AND Y, so i really need to do only 1/4th of the sword. :whistling:

Do you want me not to apply the mirror?

Edit.. wait what... I DIDN'T apply the modifier in elven sword, for the rest i did.

No, the mirror modifier is perfect! :)

But somehow i can only find the modifier in the elven blade, and not in the others. (since i can select and edit both halves of the other blades, and only one half in the elven blade.)

Could this be because i'm still using blender 2.49b?

you can, because i havent APPLIED it.

i have put it in use, but haven't ACCEPTED.

hmm.. Fail on my part then :blush:

Also turned out that when i export it to nifskope it only exports one half :tongue: Fixed that with my usual tinkering :laugh:

Sorry to bother you for nothing. :ohdear:

So, do you want me to apply it for you or will you apply it yoursef?

I can imagine you being busy enough as it is, so just do what's easiest for you. :)

I'll just have to step up my blender knowladge if necessary :rolleyes:

Edit:

Voila!

http://img607.imageshack.us/img607/2056/screenshot45.png

Edited by Urwy

Ok Urwy, this has even more vertexes than the axe. My computer was pretty much as it's limits, and lagged pretty badly.

So this is highes details i can make without frustration.

Only a few of future models will have this much detail, and many wont even come close. (laggggg)

Now you must give it worthy textures (if your comp can take it :tongue: )

no details on pommel since player wont be seeing it much..

Link here.

Edited by AnonDraco

Ok Urwy, this has even more vertexes than the axe. My computer was pretty much as it's limits, and lagged pretty badly.

So this is highes details i can make without frustration.

Only a few of future models will have this much detail, and many wont even come close. (laggggg)

Now you must give it worthy textures (if your comp can take it :tongue: )

no details on pommel since player wont be seeing it much..

Link here.

The Godlike epic sword has arrived! :laugh:

Taking a look at it now... See that you put your name on it :P Suppose this would be "Draco's bane" ? :teehee:

I'll pour my heart and soul into this one :thumbsup:

Edit: btw, you could change your modeling level from apprentice to adept if i had something to say about it :P

Edited by Urwy

Does the vertices effect in game? I hope not...

More vertices require more processing power from the system it's run on.

that's why we use a high-poly model to generate the high detail, which we then use to as a sort of "fake detail" on the low poly.

If you look from the right angle, you wont be able to see the difference between a high poly model and a low poly model.

for a proper explanation, see this vid:

http://www.blendtuts.com/normalmaps_bakingtextures

Edited by Urwy