Skyrim - An Idea for a Major Conversion [ Alagaësia ]

MCBM

• Replies 617
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure if anyone saw my post on the official forums (http://alagaesia-skyrim.fantasyboard.net/t28-swords), but in the books Brisingr and Murtagh's original sword were hand and a half swords. I think it would be awesome if we could incorporate that into the game.

A copy of my post on the alagaesia forums:

I think this can be done with an SKSE script. (please note that i'm in no way familiar with (SKSE) scripting Razz)

I gues what we'd need is 1 model, 2 different ingame weapons (1 hand and 2 hand) and use the script to switch between them on the go. (while really having only 1 weapon in your inventory.)

I still think it's a viable option. But it does require that someone knows anything about SKSE scripting :confused:

Urwy what settings do you play on??You could maybe release the swords as individual mods and post in the info that they're to be part of this mod?? It could maybe raise even more awareness to the Alagaesia mod and let people see Urwy and AnonDraco's talent ! Edited by brunnwag

Urwy what settings do you play on??You could maybe release the swords as individual mods and post in the info that they're to be part of this mod?? It could maybe raise even more awareness to the Alagaesia mod and let people see Urwy and AnonDraco's talent !

Game is set to Ultra. Also running an ENBseries DLL along with it. (sometimes causes my weapons to become translucent :( which is visible in the screens..)

Already thought about that :)

But i haven't got the slightest clue how to get the swords ingame as non-replacer. Not untill the release of the CK that is. (Have already tried Skyedit, but there's some crazy stuff going on with that program :P )

Still, i could add stuff in such a way that our weapons replace the elven weapon set for example. Just like they replace my Steel weapon set. (since that's just a matter of renaming the Nif files :biggrin: )

Some more of my test models:

A Gnarly looking inverted kantana-thingy :whistling:

And a pretty basic sword which i named Tinkledeath :laugh: (as i'm planning to texture it as a sort of crystal blade. But this actually in no way worthy of that name :P as i leave those models to Draco :))

Edited by Urwy

What's your set-up? To play ultra you must have a good rig, any tips as I need a new graphics card.

We'll i'm not entirely lag free. But it's good enough for me :)

I still turned off water reflections because i just dont need/notice those.

Running a lot of stuff in the background, and got an average fps around 25 :P (like i said, i'm not lag free ;) )

Specs:

Intel Core Duo E7300 @ 2.66 gHz

Dual channel 4 Gb Ram @ 400 mHz

Ati Radeon HD3870 512 Mb @ 2x Philips 190B LCD's

Most of it 2nd hand. Cost me a total of €400,- (of which the housing was the most expensive. lol!)

Where are you from? I live in Hull, England.

Northern provinces of the Netherlands :) The Euro-sign gave me away, didn't it? :P

Right, got the zip-archive ready for upload to the nexus so people can try it.

Will also include several screenshots on the filepage as preview.

From filepage (not yet available):

This file contains several of the weapons that will be part of a large total conversion for Skyrim: Alagaësia.

These weapons will simple replace the models of the following weapons and will still bear the original names:

- Steel sword

- Steel axe

- Steel dagger

- Iron sword

- Imperial sword

- Silver sword

- Elven sword

- Orcish sword

- Glass sword

- Dwarven sword

Might need some promotion added to the description. Anyone have some good lines? (let me know, or if you have acces, do it yourself :tongue: )

Edit:

Also allowing most of our team to edit the filepage on the nexus. (e.g. MCBM wants to change the file permissions.)

Alright, the page is available to the project team (if i forgot anyone, let me know. I'll add ya')

http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=6283

Edited by Urwy