Skyrim - An Idea for a Major Conversion [ Alagaësia ]

MCBM

• Replies 617
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sculpt tools.

When low poly is done, i duplicate the model and use subdivide on areas i want to add details to. Then i change to sculpt mode and simply "draw" the details i want to add. Urwy(or other texturer) can then bake the details of hi-poly model to lower, creating an impression that the low poly has all the high poly model's vertexes.

While I never been a fan of the Eragon books, I dropped by here seeing how ginormous this topic is and after browsing through here and there, I want to say: good luck, guys. It seems you have a lot of passion and quite a fun goal ahead of you. And even though I'm not Eragon-friendly, I really think I'll give it a shot anyway, so cheers and keep up the good work!

-snip-

Urwy(or other texturer) can then bake the details of hi-poly model to lower, creating an impression that the low poly has all the high poly model's vertexes.

Yeah, i'm still waiting for that other person to join us, Hoping that i can learn a few new trick from him/her.

Learning/discovering them on my own just takes so damn long.. lol :P

Would also speed up the pace of completing weapons. :biggrin:

Btw, that sword only had 50 vertices more than the axe ;)

oh yeah! i remember now there the people in the scene where there forging weapons and he stabs one in the foot aren't they?

Yup they werent very good were they. They should of done it properly tbh make it easier for us.

no, they just looked like people who didn't know how to use a toothbrush and had a face paint fetish also looking at esteris' sig we might want to ask her about voice acting

A little update:

A heavy WIP of the battleaxe.

Also a new little model :) (messed up the vertex count a bit...±1200 verts..)

Edited by Urwy