Skyrim - An Idea for a Major Conversion [ Alagaësia ]

MCBM

Since someone has already done Zar'roc, I think I'll use my model for something else and get started on Naegling. This one's goanna be really exotic compared to the other two, since its built for a Elf by a Elf.

Naegling and Támerlein are the two riders swords i find most interesting, so this sounds great! Can't wait to see it ;)

Btw, Did another model while being bored @ college yesterday... Messed around in Sketchup. Thought i'd share this one. (exported it to blender to fine tune some stuff.)

Still needs a pommel, and maybe a better grip.

• Replies 617
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this has probably been said already (just took SAT, not interested in reading) but...why not make it a entirely separate world-space, complete with its own quests and what-not, instead of going through the drudgery of recreating all of skyrim. (turning tamriel on its side? ugh, no thanks.)

on a side note, go to the inheritance cycle wiki, they have several images for rider swords. brisingr and zar'roc have official art, and most of the swords have some form of imagery (even tinkle-death, Angela's sword)

I think what you mean is... Exactly what were doing. We're getting rid of skyrim and totally building a new world. Complete with quests, weapons, dungeons ect... Maybe you could join the team? Can you do any modding like scripting, modelling, texturing or mapping? Even if you cant (like me) you could help by writing quests, general ideas or voice acting?

Should i increase the vertex count to add more detail or to make the low poly model smoother? Just under 1400 vertexes atm.

Also the cross guard thingy isn't really attached to the sword atm, it just.. is.

There are plenty of other modders out there who don't use low poly models..and they're releasing weapon packs all the time.

So i dont think it would be much of a problem if we have 4 or 5 out of 20 models that aren't low poly.

Especially if it's as good looking as that one :D

Challenge Passed ;)

I'll start hunting for the next one :teehee:

Dude your models are seriously much better then mine. I'm in awe over here.

So I found a place for the stylized Zar'roc in that image. I'm going to rename it Skular'Andlat.(Roughly means 'Dragon Death'), it'll be a two hander and will have a pale red blade, with a black hilt and red reservoir gem in the pommel. I'm going to try texturing it after school tommorow.

Hmm, maybe drop the coloured blade and the gem as thay Are the most iconic things (visibly) on a riders sword but the idea is great maybe a black blade with gold runes and a markings?

And I think its fair to say when AnonDraco started on this project he was no better than you, practice makes perfect.

Like Urwy, I think, said you should pm a mod or admin and ask them to change the threads name to something like

[WIP] Alagaesia - A major skyrim conversion

Or whatever you think fits.

Edited by brunnwag

And I think its fair to say when AnonDraco started on this project he was no better than you, practice makes perfect.

True :happy:

[WIP] Alagaesia - A major skyrim conversion

Or whatever you think fits.

This thread has grown afwully long. Maybe start new one. Gather all the progress and team members and other important info on first post.