Skyrim - An Idea for a Major Conversion [ Alagaësia ]

MCBM

And I think its fair to say when AnonDraco started on this project he was no better than you, practice makes perfect.

True :happy:

[WIP] Alagaesia - A major skyrim conversion

Or whatever you think fits.

This thread has grown afwully long. Maybe start new one. Gather all the progress and team members and other important info on first post.

yeah, starting a new topic would probably be best. Since a topic with more than 50 pages and over 500 post might scare people away :/

• Replies 617
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm done with this model..

The reference picture doesn't have much detail and i can't imagine them either, also having difficulties to imagine any good way to "attach" the hand guad to sword.

Total vertex count 1618.

Should i do hi-poly or move on?

Edited by AnonDraco

I'm done with this model..

The reference picture doesn't have much detail and i can't imagine them either, also having difficulties to imagine any good way to "attach" the hand guad to sword.

Total vertex count 1618.

Should i do hi-poly or move on?

I Think i can do the details in the textures. So you could get started on the "number 9" blade if you want to ;)

Also:

http://th06.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/i/2010/159/6/0/Spawn_Japanesse_Weapons_by_SurfTiki.jpg

http://thedarkblade.com/wp-content/uploads/Widow-Queen.jpg

Edited by Urwy

Ooooo, looking really nice so how do you go about lowering the vertex count ?

Looks gorgeous!

He could use the Decimate modifier in blender, or use an external program like Meshlab or Polygon Cruncher. (Vid: http://eat3d.com/free/meshlab)

Oh joy! i'll be having my hands full once i'm done with my exams next week :laugh:

Edited by Urwy

Hey Urwy. How do you make your models so detailed? Is it just the amount of vertices and minute variations?

Also I'll upload a pic of Naegling tonight.

I noticed i'm still a sucker at Blender, so i'm using Sketchup, since i've worked with that program for over 6 years now :) (yes i know, not every modeller acknowledges SU as a legitimate modelling program >.> but it get's the job done, doesnt it?)

That way i can set up base model real quick, and then export to blender to tweak it and sculpt a high poly model.

pffft that model grew to be horrible abomination, patch over patch, topology non existent..

I'm starting a new. when does it fit to my thick skull that subdivide isn't a solution?

This means even more vertexes, but guess what? This time i really don't care.

rofl :laugh:

Sounds like you're having a great time with that model ;)

---------------------------------

Lol.. all these textures are already taking up over 3Gb of disk space :rolleyes: We'll definitely need to compress them when we release them :tongue:

How about we create a dropbox or similar to share this stuff? that'll save us a lot of fussing around when sharing stuff among teammembers.

Also a test model/texture of mine. Have it around for a week or two now. Thought you guys might like it.

I won't add my own models to the project forums/mod yet, unless our dear project leader grants me permission to do so. Since i mainly do textures, and my models aren't quite as good as Draco's.

Edited by Urwy