Skyrim - An Idea for a Major Conversion [ Alagaësia ]

MCBM

• Replies 617
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Urwy, would it be possible for you to create kind of "base texture" if i send the WIP model for you. there wont be many changes left, the outlines are done, and now i'm just pushing vertexes around before i duplicate the model.

I mean, if you create texture for current model, would it be easy to edit that to fit a model with different vertex counts? so when the final model is ready you already have some level of textures.

I'm afraid that wont work :(

Because i have to UV-map those models, the texture will be more or less bound to that specific model. Moving vertices, faces and edge around isnt a problem, but adding faces, edges and vertices is.

Since the newly added vertex/edge/face wasn't present when the model was uv-mapped, so blender doesnt know what to do with the new vertex and what it's position is on the texture.

And aside from the vertex position on the texture, the way i map the model differs between models. A small axe can easily be done on a 1024x1024 texture. (although i currently use 2048x2048 as standard.) But a large twohander will need a 2048x1048 texture to accommodate the long blade (because splitting the blade in 2 pieces will create huge seams.) (even 2048x4096 would do, although a bit large)

@anondrako

i like the head of the dragon, not sure bout the body, maybe just the tail and/or wingtips cut into the bladebody, the rest only as groves... the crossguard is... not... good looking ....but thats my opinion

overall blade shape is cool, maybe use a curved handle to fit the theme

that slight spiky point on the back of the cutting edge, before the dragons head is weird, dunno, not curved enough imo and im not sure about two edges meeting that way, maybe add another layer/face/polygon between them going all the way from the point down to the bottom of the blade or just in that area if you know what i mean... basicly from a <> section to a <=> section... that point with the sharp inward pointing curve does otherwise simply not look well imo

i also suggest to post renders of both next to each other for each sword containing a picture without and one with edges visible as to allow commentary about the geometry and ways to improve performance and usability aswell as appearance (in regards to models)

fill those developement screenshots with as much info as you can, questions and stuff, helps to improve the exchange of thought in a swifter and more compelling way than only forum posts, except you guys use skype anyway then dont mind lol...

edit: cool rapier

Edited by jaysus

well I dunno if it's useful or not but I bet community will thank my idea later on if this gets done...

so I was just going to offer me as spanish translator/voice actor (not too sure about last one) but yea mainly a translator once the whole thing is done...