Skyrim - An Idea for a Major Conversion [ Alagaësia ]

MCBM

• Replies 617
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Creation Kit is coming out very soon now! ;D We need to start establishing where we are going to begin...

For instance all potential scripters will need to get acquainted with Pyrus/Papyrus (the new language) ASAP and start work on... what first the dragon riding?

All map editors which is pretty much everyone on the team to some extent I think, will need to get together and sort out maybe two teams? And start delegating areas, zones, roles, etc.

And the Quest Writers and Voice Actors will need to be doing some experimenting with the new Dialogue Flows and especially the Scene-Editor, alongside their continuing goal of coming up with non-main questlines.

Speaking of which once production of Alagaesia; the most ambitious mod to date for Skyrim, has begun, we will need to figure out and all agree on the main questline so we can start implementing little lore changes in the environment.

Maybe while the Voice Actors are waiting for things to be decided and up and running so they can start recording, they could work on producing some short in-game books with Inheritance Trivia, History and Lore in, maybe? We will need to document some changes over the decade we've been away from Alagaesia after all and it's a simple and quick start to the mod.

It's a big project, we need to start out at time-efficient pace and not lose that drive and enthusiasm over the course of the development! :biggrin:

@anondrako

i like the head of the dragon, not sure bout the body, maybe just the tail and/or wingtips cut into the bladebody, the rest only as groves... the crossguard is... not... good looking ....but thats my opinion

overall blade shape is cool, maybe use a curved handle to fit the theme

that slight spiky point on the back of the cutting edge, before the dragons head is weird, dunno, not curved enough imo and im not sure about two edges meeting that way, maybe add another layer/face/polygon between them going all the way from the point down to the bottom of the blade or just in that area if you know what i mean... basicly from a <> section to a <=> section... that point with the sharp inward pointing curve does otherwise simply not look well imo

i also suggest to post renders of both next to each other for each sword containing a picture without and one with edges visible as to allow commentary about the geometry and ways to improve performance and usability aswell as appearance (in regards to models)

fill those developement screenshots with as much info as you can, questions and stuff, helps to improve the exchange of thought in a swifter and more compelling way than only forum posts, except you guys use skype anyway then dont mind lol...

edit: cool rapier

Thanks for the feedback.

I'll try to.. fix all the things you pointed out.. need to read that over and over to see what you mean, maybe that's just me, i'm not a native english speaker.

Anyway, all criticism is welcome. I've had to figure out most of the things on my own and i have no idea how to make a real proper model..

here's the edge view of the sword. completely off or have i done something right?

Edited by AnonDraco

For instance all potential scripters will need to get acquainted with Pyrus/Papyrus (the new language) ASAP and start work on... what first the dragon riding?

All map editors which is pretty much everyone on the team to some extent I think, will need to get together and sort out maybe two teams? And start delegating areas, zones, roles, etc.

And the Quest Writers and Voice Actors will need to be doing some experimenting with the new Dialogue Flows and especially the Scene-Editor, alongside their continuing goal of coming up with non-main questlines.

Speaking of which once production of Alagaesia; the most ambitious mod to date for Skyrim, has begun, we will need to figure out and all agree on the main questline so we can start implementing little lore changes in the environment.

im sorry if i sound a little bit ignorant but what is pyrus/papyrus? i have searched the internet and have come up empty handed

im sorry if i sound a little bit ignorant but what is pyrus/papyrus? i have searched the internet and have come up empty handed

It's a new scripting language developed by bethesda for Skyrim. Wish i could tell what it's based upon. :(

But i quess we'll have to wait for the CK for that as well (well, the Wiki for it anyway.)

Edited by Urwy

Creation Kit is coming out very soon now! ;D We need to start establishing where we are going to begin...

Maybe while the Voice Actors are waiting for things to be decided and up and running so they can start recording, they could work on producing some short in-game books with Inheritance Trivia, History and Lore in, maybe? We will need to document some changes over the decade we've been away from Alagaesia after all and it's a simple and quick start to the mod.

It's a big project, we need to start out at time-efficient pace and not lose that drive and enthusiasm over the course of the development! :biggrin:

Now I am not a experienced modder or anything, but I do know of efficiency and learning scripting.

I would suggest starting with laying out the the rough outlines of the map (start building villages and mayor landmarks in rough shapes), getting some starting NPC actions and new models in those rough outlines.

This way you can advance into making it detailed in a good version step by step and so learning the tools and scripting while at the same time efficiently creating the mayor conversion you guys want.

This because starting with something as advanced (I guess) as riding dragons will be really hard and the people doing that will encounter lots of bugs.

Also the outlining I mentioned above is pretty handy to do before you start defiding zones etc. for you must first know what you want where and in what kind of size and details.

This way you can fill in details and change plans while getting to know the limitations of the tools (for example when you are planning a dwarven city and are directly creating it in whole and with details ou can run in bugs and limitations you do not know how to work around it and get stuck and waste lots of time).

So what I am saying is try to like say we want a city there, there and there and roads leading there and this landmark over there and then start with making the centre of the town with just a few houses and shops with a few NPCs.

Instead of saying ok city there build city completely.

Hope you understand what I mean (for being from the Netherlands my English is Okay, i guess, but explaining experciences and ideas being "standard" for me and completely logic are hard to explain in a foreign language).

Succes and I would love to see the result

I get the message :)

If the rest of the team doesnt understand, i'm willing to translate it from Dutch :)

But i think they get the idea as well.

Thanks for the tip!

En als je een beetje met de CK overweg kan, kunnen we nog best een mapper gebruiken die een goede systematiek heeft :)