Skyrim - An Idea for a Major Conversion [ Alagaësia ]

MCBM

If you think a prisoner start would work better.

Maybe your taken prisoner and you are being taken into farthen dur on a carridge with some others, as you travel through the marketplace Orik aproaches and everyone steps aside to line his path and praise him or something. the guards get you off the carridge and have you stand too. As Orik passed he gets attacked by a member of an oposing clan or a sympathiser of the (forgot thier name) that were bannished. But you take on the attacker with your bare hands (brawl) and give orik and his guards time to arrest him. then Orik asks your name then you create your character.

I have these ideas cos i've being dreeming about this mod since about 2 weeks after the games release when i learnt about the mods.

That's a good idea :) We will consider it among other ideas that might come up, but your's is the first

Thanks for adding me as a friend btw :)

There are so many good ideas getting thrown out there, I'm pretty jealous that I didn't think of any of them lol.

I think the best thing as far as the dragon thing goes would be to have the option to choose the color and gender, but also have a randomize option for those who would rather follow along with the story more and be surprised. I think this would make everybody happy. Just throwing it out there.

On a side note, I just started to reinstall oblivion and it should be done soon. Does anybody know where I can find some scripting tutorials or anything like that?

EDIT: something else that popped into my mind. The conjured sword has a flame like look to it, maybe that could be used as a starting point for the flame effect on the swords? At the same time though, I think adding something like that would ruin the "uniqueness" of Eragon's sword :tongue:

Yeah a choice of dragons/randomizer would be a good idea though I doubt whether it would be possible. However if it is, we will do it :)

Yes, the flame effect on the conjured sword is a good idea. Modifying it to the color of the flame will be easy i think :)

I don't think that every sword can light up in flames like Eragon's. Zar'rok can't :P

Jierda is also used to push back enemies: Proof:

http://inheritance.wikia.com/wiki/Jierda_strike

Hmm.. yeah maybe it does but still its main purpose is to break.

Though it would be cool to add it to the push effect. I lack a direct word in the Ancient Language so its all good :)

But you can also use Thrysta (thrust/compress)

I suddenly feel like an idiot xD

• Replies 617
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually didn't say that he will kill the assassin ;)

but do you imagine to fight with someone in armor, with a dagger/sword/etc. who is/looks like he is trained and actually trying to kill a VIP? ;)

What if the next day you're going to be in jail for life...

but why would they take you to the jail?

you see i was on about the prisoner not traveller one, so he was on the way to prison, jail or maybe the chopping block! the thing is he has nothing to lose and a lot to gain.

Yeah thats the best thing we can go for. Nothing to lose. Also the player's past will be unknown/obscured ( just like in TES )

and the dragon that would hatch for him would be like "no matter what i see the good in him"?

i think it would be ok, but still i like the traveller's version. I am just tired of prisoners. ;)

And i saw something what will help us making mod:

http://www.thenexusforums.com/index.php?/topic/485274-video-tutorial-how-to-get-custom-weapons-into-skyrim/

Edited by NikoEnko

and the dragon that would hatch for him would be like "no matter what i see the good in him"?

i think it would be ok, but still i like the traveller's version. I am just tired of prisoners. ;)

http://www.thenexusforums.com/index.php?/topic/485274-video-tutorial-how-to-get-custom-weapons-into-skyrim/

We could tell the reason for the execution of the prisoner though. Could be he/she killed a lord to protect his/her family. That's noble enough!

And the vid is really cool :) We won't need that though when the creation kit is released since it will feature a means to add meshes and textures into the game easily. Like the Construction Sets.

We could tell the reason for the execution of the prisoner though. Could be he/she killed a lord to protect his/her family. That's noble enough!

And the vid is really cool :) We won't need that though when the creation kit is released since it will feature a means to add meshes and textures into the game easily. Like the Construction Sets.

Actually we can make him going to execution, because he is framed in killing the noble, which had actually protected his/her family ;)

Edited by NikoEnko

I agree, being a prisoner wouldnt get you much of a chance with the eggs. Note that normally they let children be with the eggs, because they can be shaped more easily. I think it would be nice to do a bunch of quests that would get you ranked up from like medium starting, to a higher position (in the varden or something else), so you can still become a dragon rider despite of your age.

Good links, and yes prisoners are getting boring but bethedsa were onto something it just seems the best way to start an RPG.

Were gonna have to have a quest where you can just roam not just direct missions.

And we need Easter eggs me and MCBM have being discussing it. but id rather him post about it in his next big post.

EDIT: Yeah maybe after saving Orik's life. Orik informs Nasuada?

Edited by brunnwag

I agree, being a prisoner wouldnt get you much of a chance with the eggs. Note that normally they let children be with the eggs, because they can be shaped more easily. I think it would be nice to do a bunch of quests that would get you ranked up from like medium starting, to a higher position (in the varden or something else), so you can still become a dragon rider despite of your age.

Actually we can also save CIVIL WAR quests to base on them so we would have Varden and remains of the Empire(or we will imagine something new)

and you would start as a freelancer, and at some point, when you become a Rider, you would have to chose the side ;)

I have an idea about how to become a rider, so give me a minute to describe it :D

yeah, we could maybe start a new faction of anti-vardens (lols)maybe rebellious mages against the rumoured control of the ancient language that may be coming.

EDIT: Maybe you get the role of transporting one of the eggs? after doing loads of quests for orik.

Edited by brunnwag