Skyrim - An Idea for a Major Conversion [ Alagaësia ]

MCBM

It's always the prisoner...

How about this:

You are a thief. You have managed to sneak somewhere where the eggs are held. When you find the eggs, one of them hatches for you. (the one you decided to steal, so you can deside which colour/gender you want)

Dont ask me how he got past all the security measures/wards. :blush:

just an idea that came to my mind...

• Replies 617
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about this:

You are a thief. You have managed to sneak somewhere where the eggs are held. When you find the eggs, one of them hatches for you. (the one you decided to steal, so you can deside which colour/gender you want)

yeah that could be an idea... its quite good. very original but it puts you as a baddie and how would you redeem yourself.

To become a Rider, you need to touch an egg of the dragon, that will "accept" you - everybody knows that.

But where we can find an egg, or will somebody even allow us to touch it?

I tought of a few ideas:

First - Eragonlike - finding - You are making some quests and when travelling around mountains you see some dying Dragon, when you came close she speaks to you, to take care of her egg to not being kidnapped by the not-vardens, who are evil. When you touch the egg it will hatch after 24 hours, and then you have to think about the side you would like to choose, you cannot stay freelance, because you will be too powerful, to be not allied with one of the sides.

Second - Appertience - You are allied with one of the sides, and as other NPC scholars you need to touch eggs every(for example) Morndas until you touch the one, which will hatch for you(you can touch only one of several eggs at once).

more to come...

and the dragon that would hatch for him would be like "no matter what i see the good in him"?

i think it would be ok, but still i like the traveller's version. I am just tired of prisoners. ;)

And i saw something what will help us making mod:

http://www.thenexusforums.com/index.php?/topic/485274-video-tutorial-how-to-get-custom-weapons-into-skyrim/

We could tell the reason for the execution of the prisoner though. Could be he/she killed a lord to protect his/her family. That's noble enough!

And the vid is really cool :) We won't need that though when the creation kit is released since it will feature a means to add meshes and textures into the game easily. Like the Construction Sets.

Actually we can make him going to execution, because he is framed in killing the noble, which had actually protected his/her family ;)

yeah thats a good idea too .

I agree, being a prisoner wouldnt get you much of a chance with the eggs. Note that normally they let children be with the eggs, because they can be shaped more easily. I think it would be nice to do a bunch of quests that would get you ranked up from like medium starting, to a higher position (in the varden or something else), so you can still become a dragon rider despite of your age.

It would if you were justified afterwards. We can like make a questline in which you regain your honor and gain your chance at the eggs

and the dragon that would hatch for him would be like "no matter what i see the good in him"?

i think it would be ok, but still i like the traveller's version. I am just tired of prisoners. ;)

And i saw something what will help us making mod:

http://www.thenexusforums.com/index.php?/topic/485274-video-tutorial-how-to-get-custom-weapons-into-skyrim/

Good links, and yes prisoners are getting boring but bethedsa were onto something it just seems the best way to start an RPG.

Were gonna have to have a quest where you can just roam not just direct missions.

And we need Easter eggs me and MCBM have being discussing it. but id rather him post about it in his next big post.

EDIT: Yeah maybe after saving Orik's life he informs Nasuada?

Yeah :D here I will quote the conv

No probs one thing i ask is could you maybe add a dwarf NPC called Bilbo Baggins in the mod? :)
sure thing :)

Easter Eggs?? I'm in!

He could be living in suclusion (is that how u spell it) and you have to find sting his Sword or his Mithril armour and if you pickpocket him you can get the ring of power that turns you invisible for 300 seconds after putting it on per day.
Yep and considering that Sauron is dead, the ring can only do good now. We'll say that golum managed to swim through the lava and go to Alagaesia and Sauron died because of anxiety xD
yes lets say golum fell turned out the lava was just a greenscreen he fell through it and landed on the set of eragon quickly escaped but drop the ring in the process

Easter Eggs would be awesome!

I agree, being a prisoner wouldnt get you much of a chance with the eggs. Note that normally they let children be with the eggs, because they can be shaped more easily. I think it would be nice to do a bunch of quests that would get you ranked up from like medium starting, to a higher position (in the varden or something else), so you can still become a dragon rider despite of your age.

Actually we can also save CIVIL WAR quests to base on them so we would have Varden and remains of the Empire(or we will imagine something new)

and you would start as a freelancer, and at some point, when you become a Rider, you would have to chose the side ;)

I have an idea about how to become a rider, so give me a minute to describe it :D

That would be a good idea for like after a new leader is elected upon the remainder of the Imperial Forces.

yeah, we could maybe start a new faction of anti-vardens (lols)maybe rebellious mages against the rumoured control of the ancient language that may be coming.

EDIT: Maybe you get the role of transporting one of the eggs? after doing loads of quests for orik.

That is awesome, the role of transporting the eggs will grant you the best opportunity to be with a dragon egg.

This one is numer 1 for me.

How about this:

yeah that could be an idea... its quite good. very original but it puts you as a baddie and how would you redeem yourself.

Implying being a prisoner isn't baddie. (ok TES games don't say that you are baddie but..)

You could be robin hood :tongue:

How about this:

Implying being a prisoner isn't baddie. (ok TES games don't say that you are baddie but..)

You could be robin hood :tongue:

No, that would be virtually impossible, because then eragon would obviously refuse to train you. It would create a bigger mess for creating quests than it resolves.

like the apprentice one better you cant choose the egg otherwise

Not necessarily. We could create a menu scroll ( not unlike those in oblivion ) which will configure the mod at the start.