Skyrim Modded or Skyrim Special Edition modded

RayWolly

Hello guys,

I'm planning on playing skyrim again, but I want to play it with graphics mods :).

My question is: Is there a difference between Skyrim modded and Skyrim special edition modded.

Is it better to mod the special edition, will it look better? Or does it make no difference after modding?

Thanks in advance!

Hi!

Well, that is a bit of an trick question really.

Both have their advantages and disadvantages.

32 bit Skyrim:

Advantages.

Tons of mods to choose from. You have the much needed SKSE, MCM and SKYUI. Mod Organizer works in full.

Disadavantages:

Still somewhat unstable even with the present fixes at hand. The Z fighting problem, wich can be fixed to some extent though. Check out You Tube for this.

Skyrim SE.

Advantages.

64 bit support wich mean that on a 64 bit Windows, the game can use much more RAM and VRAM without hitting the "memory roof " and crash when installing mods. It's a very stable game in it's own right if you compaire these 2. Looks better in vanilla state. So you really wont need that many landscape overhauls / mods for example to make it look really good. TAA = Transparency Anti Alising, wich will keep the Z fighting and any eventual crawling texure problem at bay.

Disadvantages.

No SKSE so far. It's on it's way though. But it will take some time before this happend. Many of the greatest mods depend on SKSE. Mod Organizer will not be updated for SSE. But on the other hand, the latest NMM work ok. Though I miss that MO install the mods in a separate folder and not in the game data folder as NMM. Having the mods installed separatly will make the game less prone to crash when you run a lot of them.

Not that many mods to choose from so far if you compaire to old Skyrim that is. But it comes a new bundle every 24 hour now. :smile:

Still a flaky Vsync that cause stuttering problems. But there are cures for that here on the forum.

Some mods likely wont be ported to SSE as the authours have left the scene.

Edited by goranpaa

Hello guys,

I'm planning on playing skyrim again, but I want to play it with graphics mods :smile:.

My question is: Is there a difference between Skyrim modded and Skyrim special edition modded.

Is it better to mod the special edition, will it look better? Or does it make no difference after modding?

Thanks in advance!

I'm in a similar boat, I'm currently reinstalling Skyrim with a new mod list.

However, I am not at the moment using Special Edition simply because of mod support. To expect the same level of mod support for SE as what we have for Skyrim is unrealistic at best; it took the modding community five years to get Skyrim's modding scenario into its current state.

Simply put, I will not be touching SE for at least a year, unless I'm wanting a vanilla playthrough.