Anyone have compassion for a dragon?

mgordon

I think the only compassion I would ever have for a Dragon would be directed at either Paarthurnax or Odaahving.

Definitely. Just wait until you get that far and then you'll feel even more compassion.

I actually felt bad for killing the Stormcloaks off to end the war. Maybe it's just their dialog right before they die, but it got to me.

Thalmor though..I enjoy killing them more than anything.

I never felt bad for any of the dragons I killed, but what about the giants that some quests (radiant? I couldn't always tell the difference) send you to kill? I killed one or two of them but thereafter I decided I couldn't kill the poor guys. I mean, all they do is walk around, scratch themselves, and take care of their mammoths (or cow, for that one random encounter). They don't even attack immediately, they always give you plenty of warning when you're getting too close. Just want to be left alone and all of that.

Poor giants.

I never felt bad for any of the dragons I killed, but what about the giants that some quests (radiant? I couldn't always tell the difference) send you to kill? I killed one or two of them but thereafter I decided I couldn't kill the poor guys. I mean, all they do is walk around, scratch themselves, and take care of their mammoths (or cow, for that one random encounter). They don't even attack immediately, they always give you plenty of warning when you're getting too close. Just want to be left alone and all of that.

Poor giants.

Me too, the Giants seem to have a noble goal to protect the majestic Mammoths, if anything i would come to their aid. I wish there were more poachers around so i could kill them.

Milk-drinker. :P

Nice job, though, mate.

Why yes, I do drink milk, and plenty of it. It helps me when I'm having a stomach acid attack. So nice of you to notice. :) Thanks is in order as well. It wasn't very easy for me. A wake up call, really. I'm not ready for this, at level 9, with a handful of novice and a few apprentice spells. I'd never have survived this battle out in the open. I'm lucky to have a girl like Lydia by my side, to take most of the hits, while I run and hide like a wimp.

I guess I'm the only one who feels sorry for these creatures near their end. True, it would come back and burn or freeze me to death if given the chance, to be sure. I guess that's what makes me a higher being. I had to try it again for fun. At one point, it came all the way down to fight it out with a mud crab. It was funny to watch. But, just look at this post mortem face. I wanted to get a shot of it before I had to kill it, but I took one too many ice spike shots at it.

http://i564.photobucket.com/albums/ss88/mgordon1100/dragondeath.jpg

By the way, in past battles, I was able to get a shout in, then run to the tail and take swings with my sword. This one never came down. I imagine that's why it took so long. Is that because I'm playing "Adept" now, or do some dragons just do this?

I never felt bad for any of the dragons I killed, but what about the giants that some quests (radiant? I couldn't always tell the difference) send you to kill? I killed one or two of them but thereafter I decided I couldn't kill the poor guys. I mean, all they do is walk around, scratch themselves, and take care of their mammoths (or cow, for that one random encounter). They don't even attack immediately, they always give you plenty of warning when you're getting too close. Just want to be left alone and all of that.Poor giants.

Yeah I fought them abit at first just for the experience, but I always left them alone after. They're just trying to mind their own business afterall.

Now what about Draugr? All they do is patrol their tomb, taking part in prayers with their priests, maybe hanging out to chat at each other's coffins, because it was something they really cared about and loved while still living. And then hundreds of years later, total strangers come to beat the crap out of them to rob them of trinkets that they held dear. Sure they were cursed for wrongs they did in life, but no one is perfect...

Yeah, I have compassion for the giants too. I try to avoid them, if at all possible. However, if you happen to run into them by accident, they hunt you down. I had one chase me for miles. I mean, it must be miles because game time is not real time. You don't have to draw on them, and they don't give you a chance to talk things out. One blow, and you're dead. That's a bit more aggressive than just trying to live in peace with themselves. If you share the land with others, you must expect that you'll run into someone else once in a while. Give that someone a chance to prove their worthiness to live before swinging a hammer at them.

Screw the Dragons, what about the courageous Stormcloak who got executed in the intro!? If we'd let that damn priestess finish her insulting ritual to the Eight Divines (because people fighting to restore Talos would really appreciate that) and maybe made some more fuss, he'd have had a chance! xD

...and even worse, later on you realise he'll probably get eaten by Alduin in Sovngarde anyway! >:(

It's like when people say `it's more afraid of you than you are of it` about spiders.

If the tables were turned- said spider would hang you upside own, and suck out your insides with a straw.

Dragons may do something similar...