Having some problems with homemaker.

cossayos

I understand all of that. But that's why I'm out of my wits. No steam patch since my system crash, none of the mods was updated since my crash and all are in the same load order as they were before the crash. I also checked for conflicts and orphaned files by running LOOT a number of times.

And yes, Homemaker does overwrite DLC files which I of course allow.

ok, using script extender? have you updated IT ?

what about prior?

Edited by Purr4me

don't disturb anything.

leave it all intact..reboot. allow the system to settle. something out side the game has changed. OR was removed by windows so don't mess up the games software.

• wondering if steam removed scriptextender data?
Edited by Purr4me

That may be the reason. For the longest time he didn't require Settlement keywords (I guess it's the mod he's referring to). In the early stages he did require it, then he didn't. Now obviously again. That's what I overread, since I assumed he wouldn't go back to what it originally was.

Loot is good but it doesn't have it's own brain unfortunately. If a mod author gives you a specific load order to use, always use what the mod author says vs Loot. Even the developers of Loot will tell you this same thing.

Loot is good but it doesn't have it's own brain unfortunately. If a mod author gives you a specific load order to use, always use what the mod author says vs Loot. Even the developers of Loot will tell you this same thing.

No, you got it the wrong way. Loot put it where it should be. Going manually by the instructions the author suggested messed it up. Resulting in me losing all the DLC building menus. Letting Loot do the job again, resolved the issue.

No, you got it the wrong way. Loot put it where it should be. Going manually by the instructions the author suggested messed it up. Resulting in me losing all the DLC building menus. Letting Loot do the job again, resolved the issue.

That's unusual. Good to know an exception to the rule, I'll try to remember that for the next time someone has this issue. :)

Please keep in mind the very basics of how the games work, how the load order controls the data flow and conflicts resolutions are derived from placements of this data.

These things can be confusing to those that have no idea of internal override controls.