ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

How to Change Dogmeats Name with Creation Kit

You should open dogmeat with f4edit/f4 translator and search after something like "full name and shortname (or something similiar)" then change it to your name. But don´t forgett to make a backup then you working on vanilla stuff. Sometimes errors showing up for stupid reasons^^

You should open dogmeat with f4edit/f4 translator and search after something like "full name and shortname (or something similiar)" then change it to your name. But don´t forgett to make a backup then you working on vanilla stuff. Sometimes errors showing up for stupid reasons^^

That won't work. Dogmeat works differently, and simply editing his name will not change it. I watched a video a little while back that stated to change the message name and description, but obviously that hasn't gotten me anywhere either.

• 2 weeks later...

Dogmeat's name is set by a quest trigger. if you notice when you first find Dogmeat he is just named dog. it isn't until your hear... I think it's Momma Murphy say his name that he gets the Dogmeat name. I would check Momma Murohy's scripts, and see if you can update his name that way.