Move Fallout 4 for other HDD WITHOUT reinstall all the mods...

phoenixfabricio

I want to move my Fallout 4 folder to other SteamLibrary I have in other HDD or reinstall Fallout 4 there if its not possible copy/paste the folder. But I would Like to know if is possible to do that WITHOUT need to reinstall all o my mods in Nexus Mod Manager. Thanks in advance.

Edited by phoenixfabricio

Sure, the mods don't need to change anything to your Windows Registry.

You will likely need to re-install or install the base game onto this other computer.

Files you will of course need are in the Fallout4\Data directory.

gamefever is right.

Install the Fallout 4 vanilla on your new HDD from Steam. Run the game once. Go back into Steam and turn off automatic updates. Then you need to copy over your entire Fallout 4 directory, not just the data folder. You also need to copy over (HDD):\Users\(Name)\AppData\Local\Fallout4 which includes things like plugin.txt (that's what NMM edits when you install .esp mods) as well as (HDD):\Users\(Name)\Documents\My Games\Fallout4

Or you can use steam mover and just move it. It will set links to the new location so that steam, and your mods, nmm, etc. don't even know it moved. I used it to move to my SSD and it all works perfectly. Sometimes the program will fail in the xcopy and other commands and so far, just running it again has made it happen. You can also do it command by command so that you can see what's going on "under the hood."

YMMV but it worked like a champ for me.

Edit: spelling mitsakes . . . :smile:

Edited by Sulphur4724