Large Scale Mod, Looking for Crew :)

Tsume101

Since Skyrim came out I've been hard at working planning a mod that I would begin working on as soon as the Creation Kit was released, and the more I think about it the more it seems I'll be in need of a small crew to help with certain tasks along the way. Things such as 3d model designers, texture artists (if needed at all), programmers and even voice actors (ya, voice actors) and other assorted tasks. I don't need the best but anyone with previous experience would be the best option.

Being that this is my first build of this size I really want everything to go over well. Hopefully it will go somewhere at all. I was hoping for something almost DLC sized though this is a matter up for discussion with whoever is involved and for that matter how much time everyone would want to put in on it.

For a story, I was working with the idea of having the player thrown into a Gladiator style arena with Norse flare game system with lots of Skyrim lore thrown in. Win ten fights, you get your freedom type of game while also having him trying to escape with two other prisoners he/she meets in the dungeon. Give him some armor and some creative battles along the way and there you go. I also wanted to include some other features but those are up for discussion. I'm also looking for good voice actors for some of the leads.

So if your interested at all or have questions please leave a comment.

Sorry im also in the process of planing a large mod. so i wont be able to help.

However, i have also been through the process of trying to recruit a team of modders, so heres some advice for you

1. start the mod by yourself and show some screenshots of what you have done, this will show that you are willing to put a lot of effort in and that you are dedicated.

2. instead of recruiting on the forums, ask people directly. For example if your looking for some one to model and texture weapons, then browse the nexus and find a popular mod that adds new good quality weapons to the game, then ask the author of the mod if they would be intrested in joining your team. This way you can be more specific with your recruiting.

Good Luck :)

Thanks for the advice :)

I just thought why the hell not you know XD

Though since we are all waiting for the Creation Kit there isn't that much content that looks like what I need. Though I'll keep those ideas in mind :)

Best of luck on your project as well.

Sounds interesting, but I'm not skilled in anything so far.

Maybe I could do some voice acting, I've never tried before but I will record myself and check if I sound okay. :D

I've got an accent though (English is not my mother-tongue) but I think it could be nice to have characters with accents anyway.

Well I guess my post is kinda useless, but anyway, good luck with your mod :)

Edited by Hoptic

I once wrote a 17-step "guide" on how to make a big scale mod and get a team up. Too bad it would be hard to find. But let me tell you one thing quickly: There are far more non-modders than modders. You will struggle to find a group.

In short:

1) get 1-2 people you know, and start making the od.

2) Show off what you've got, and show you are dedicated to this. More might come.

3) Show some serious progress, and even more will come over.

4) Get out an alpha early, and get some testers in there.

5) Now the last bunch of people will be interested.

6) Get out a Beta and finish up the mod.

7) Release it, take a break, start a new project with your team.

Generally, that is how it goes. I can also give you some tips:

1) Plan out everything. And I mean EVERYTHING. Get pictures, get concept art, get concept artists, plan out every small detail.

2) How many people do you need? How many modellers? Enviroment modellers? Organic modellers? Hard Surface Modellers? How many voice actors? etc.

3) Know you will need to learn to merge files. You will need a few level designers, and in the end they need to merge down to 1 file and there can't be any overlapping there.

That is the gist of it. I wish you good luck!