[WIP] Weapon Addition and Replacement Suite (WARS)

antistar

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It has been. It's a mod that beats a huge swathe of the game with the mod stick,and almost all of the work is being done by one man,with a dayjob,in his spare time. Furthermore,right now,the mod's in a holding pattern because for WARS and PEACE to work right,the mod needs AmmoTweaks to update,a mod that Antistar isn't involved in. Without this update,the mod simply will not work as desired/advertised.

I apologize, I forgot to check on the PEACE channel to see if you had discussed it at all there. And I definitely know that you're not interested in alternate versions and I don't blame you. The work you're doing is gorgeous, and thinking about that along with the teasers that a couple of other large mods have put out kind of sparked that thought. Just figured I'd ask here to see if there were any thoughts in that direction, and the question has been answered. Thanks for continuing to hammer away at this. It's going to be gorgeous, and closer to I'm sure what a lot of us were hoping the game could be.

Thanks - here's hoping. :)

This mod has been in development for 3 years.

I couldn't help but notice, yeah. ;) Though to be fair that time also includes the work I've done on PEACE.

It's basically as Moldy said there; I need to wait for the pending AmmoTweaks update so that I can integrate its framework. (To clarify though, only WARS will require AmmoTweaks - not PEACE.)

There's a term for this: being "stuck in development hell". Sometimes things happen that are beyond your control. Believe me - like I keep saying - no-one's more impatient to see WARS finished than I am.

• 2 weeks later...

Please,that wasn't a rush-job,that was a soulless cash-grab. But that isn't a discussion for here. New Vegas was a rush-job,and that game's considered to be the best modern Fallout title by about half the fanbase.

Still,while I might be itching for WARS and PEACE to release,polish is good. I'm pretty sure that Antistar did enough internal QA to them that most of the issues that don't relate to intermod interaction would be ironed out. Then again,some people just have that "Magic Touch" that breaks even the vanilla game in entirely new and unique ways.

Hey, thanks. :)

I'm doing my best on the testing front, but some issues are bound to only become apparent through extended gameplay; i.e. just playing the game normally. That hasn't really been possible yet as the AmmoTweaks integration needs to go in first or it's kind of pointless. (Since I'd just have to do it all over again afterwards.)

And then of course there are the problems I won't find myself because I know how everything's supposed to work. ;) Once the time comes for the beta, I'll be glad of everyone's help turning up those kinds of issues.

So from what i understand, you're waiting for someone to make an ammo overhaul before you can do your long term testing to smooth out the mod? Also take your time im so excited to actually be able to play this mod once it drops as im now on PC instead of Xbox, it already looks so good.

So from what i understand, you're waiting for someone to make an ammo overhaul before you can do your long term testing to smooth out the mod? Also take your time im so excited to actually be able to play this mod once it drops as im now on PC instead of Xbox, it already looks so good.

Precisely though AmmoTweaks had already been initially released, what Antistar is waiting on is the AmmoTweaks update 2.0 to be released as it's going to be utilized as the framework for W.A.R.S.

Yep - and if anyone's wondering why I don't get a head start by incorporating the currently available version of AmmoTweaks and then update to v2 once it's out, it's because I'm given to understand that v2 is a complete rebuild from the ground up. It would be more work in the end:

1) Add AmmoTweaks v1 integration.

2) Remove AmmoTweaks v1 integration.

3) Add AmmoTweaks v2 integration.

I doubt I need to tell anyone here about Wanaming0's FN FAL SA58 mod that just popped up, but damn; it looks phenomenal.

I don't think I need to worry about trying to include an FN FAL in WARS myself anymore! I'll add support for that one via a patch - as long as there's no problem with me doing that, of course.