Skyrim equipment aesthetics in Oblivion

Garnn

I like the looks of some of the equipment in Skyrim a lot more than how it looked in Oblivion- especially Daedric, which is pretty meh in Oblivion, but looks better, or rather, freaking awesome in Skyrim, in my opinion. In Skyrim it also looks more.....alien? Especially the weapons, which seemed to just be redesigned normal swords in Oblivion. In general most equipment looks aesthetically better and more varied in Skyrim to me.

Would it be possible for someone to create a mod that allows you to obtain the Skyrim versions of equipment, maybe a shop in the mountains or something? It'd be pretty neat, and it wouldn't replace Oblivion equipment- though you might have to remodel the main armor pieces in Skyrim into a Cuirass and Greaves, if it's not possible to merge the two pieces like in Skyrim.

Edited by Garnn

There are a couple mods that hide a couple swords from Skyrim in Oblivion. Just thought I'd comment to tell you that :)

I'm not skilled enought to actually make a mod like that though.

There are already multi-slot items in Oblivion like in Skyrim. Think of the Arena Raiments, robes in general, or the DB Armor.

However, you can't just "remodel" the Skyrim assets so they work in Oblivion. This is forbidden by the Oblivion EULA, "use" of different games' assets in Oblivion, not just their redistribution in a mod. You have to actually create those meshes from scratch to "resemble" the look from Skyrim's items.

A "general recreation of all things Skyrim in Oblivion" will definitely take some time, but if you narrow it down to the items you're most interested in, it can certainly be done.

I myself like the Legion's armor in Skyrim better than in Oblivion. It reminds me of the good'ol Imperial Legion in Morrowind and generally has a far more Roman flair about it again. The bulky dark plate armor was suitable for the troops and guards in the capitol of the empire, if I remember right, even the Praetorian Guard in the last days of Rome wore some far more "knightly" armor compared to the legion soldiers, but for the general Legion outside of Cyrodiil I prefer the "Legion" look all times.

And I agree, many of those items in Skyrim have a certain flair about them I'd really like to also have in my Oblivion. Unfortunately with only 1 day per month in total free time for modding endeavours I'm totally the wrong person to ask for this. Else I'd so do it myself already right away... or at least give it a try, you know.