Anyone wwith a soloution for the shimmering ground textures when moving?

goranpaa

This haunted me in classic Skyrim too. But I clenched my teeth and tried to ignore it. But It's hard to do that in SSE. Especially with a modern video card that seem to make this worse = Radeon R9 380 4gb.

I have tried SuperSampling AA, at 4X but it kills the fps.

Anyone here with a soloution?

Edited by goranpaa

More information would be helpfull so anyone can better understand your issue.

What do you mean with "shimmering" - unnatural reflection(texture issue) or glow through bloom effect, maybe a screenshot help's

Are you useing vanilla texture or custom texture mod?

CL

Hi!

I mean that the ground textures flicker a lot. It's just as there are heavy film grains moving on the ground as soon as I start moving. No problems with this when it comes to mountains or trees or buildings though. Just the ground at mid distance.

The only ground texture altering mod I have is the Springtime for Skyrim mod. I do not have this problem when it comes to areas covered with grass and flowers. Only areas with much dirt are affected.

Edited by goranpaa

Thank you for trying to help me out!

I do not think this is all about Z fighting. The tip in the link you posted + anouther one I read about setting the distant detail to Ultra did at least cut the flickering in half. But it's still noticeable. :sad:

I forgot to say before that the flickering is most appearant when I turn my head fast from side to side. I belived at first it could be some kind of Vsync problem eventually? But having the Vsync on or off does'nt matter. And any AA except for TAA will make things worse. It's a pity that there are no quality setting for TAA in the launcher.

I do not think this is a problem that is easy to solve at all. I tried a ton of tricks in Skyrim Classic without any real sucess. On the other hand, the flickering where less apearant than in SSE.

Edit. I disabled the 64 bit rendering target but that did'nt do any improvements.

Edited by goranpaa

I'm very thankful for that you tried.

But Herueka!

I found the soloution that cured the problem to 98 %. :D It was the SSE Texture pack by Osmodius that saved me from this pain. I tried this mod as I started to wonder if this texture problem could have anything to do with the fact that the Spring overhaul mod are quite old coming from Skyrim classic. And that some of the textures, like the dirt might conflict when when landing on top of the vanilla dito?

Before doing this, I fiddled some with the video card settings as you suggested. But that did'nt do me much good really. I had already done the installation of the latest driver a couple of days ago. And did the proper cleaning routine before I installed it btw.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/1782/?

The very tiny flicker I still have is hardly noticeable. So that I can live with. And the rest of Osmodius textures in this mod are very nice and performance friendly too.

If you're using texture packs (particularly landscape texture packs or packs that contain landscape textures) from Oldrim you will get a weird shiny effect that is very noticeable.

Just make sure you either don't use files with those types of textures or load a mod after it that overwrites those particular textures.

The Osmodius textures have always been good ones but I don't believe they cover the entire landscape. Another two I'd recommend would be YALO (makes everything a bit brown though) and the NobleSkyrim SSE Patch.

If you're using texture packs (particularly landscape texture packs or packs that contain landscape textures) from Oldrim you will get a weird shiny effect that is very noticeable.

Just make sure you either don't use files with those types of textures or load a mod after it that overwrites those particular textures.

The Osmodius textures have always been good ones but I don't believe they cover the entire landscape. Another two I'd recommend would be YALO (makes everything a bit brown though) and the NobleSkyrim SSE Patch.

Hi!

No, I did'nt see any shiny spots when running this mod only. It was ported to SSE, so that might be the exsplanation for that I guess? But the shiny spots where there when I tried to use the Skyrim LE Flora overhaul, summer edition though.

No, Osmodius textures does not cover everything it seems. And totally agree to that his textures are one of the very best.

Thank you for the tip about YALO. I will look into that mod.

Happy gaming.

Edited by goranpaa