Real Necromancy Spells

Grimoke

Hello ! First, apologize me for my bad english.

I always wanted necromancy skill in the Elder Scrolls, but it didn't happened. I thought that Skyrim would bring a necromancy skill, but i was wrong.

That's why i would like a necromancy mod, and i think that many Roleplay lovers and other people want a mod like this.

I have some idea, and i would like some modders to use them, as they want : I just want a necromancy mod.

First, the mod would have a very important spell, Soul Siphoning, which would work like Soul Trap, but with something new : using this spell on a mob would add 400 life points to the hero, and transform him into a Lich, just like Vampirism, with 3 steps.

Each step would be reached by using the spell : step 1st by using once, 2nd step by using maybe ... 200 times (to add a bit of challenge), and 3rd step by using 300 times more.

Each step would add bonus and malus to the hero : more life, more magicka, less stamina, decrease fire resistance, decrease speech, and stuff like that.

Why more life ?

It's the base idea : necromancy mod would add spells which do not use magicka but life !

Necromancy magicka is, in reality, life magicka. The necromancians use life and soul.

So, each step of Lich will add life : i think, 1st step, 400 life added (to do a base of 500 life in the case of a mage who has spend all in magicka), then 2nd step, 500 more and 3rd step, 500 more (~ 1500 at the end).

But in Lich form, life would not regenerate, and the Lich would have less resistance for fire for example.

The first spell, which transform in Lich, would restore, to each use, some life. I think it may be just like Soul, so using the spell on a wolf would restore less life than using on a Dragon Priests. And dwemer robots or dragon would not be affected by this spell.

So, there's the idea : necromancy spells use life points, and the first necromancy spell which works like Soul Trap would restore a bit of life.

Then, with each step, the hero would be able to buy some new necromancy spells, just as destruction spells, doing more damage than basic destruction but decreasing life, or new conjuration spells, etc ... I have already some idea :

Destruction : A spell which works like Fire Ball, but adding the Soul Siphoning effect on all ennemis touched.

A spell which work like Lightning Bolt, but adding an Unrelenting Force effect.

Illusion : Creating an active clone of the hero, using same spells and attacks etc ... Cost a lot of life

Creating an inactive clone of the hero, attracting ennemies but that's all.

Alteration : A spell which would work like tcl command (going through ennemies) and flame cloak (doing damage around us).

Conjuration : Soul Siphoning, first, but also many new conjuration spells, just like in Midas Magic mod. Morever, increase the maximum invocation number (maybe 4 instead of 2).

Restoration: No spells, 'cause Lich is a Lich, not a priest

That's it !

Thank you for reading.

Edited by Grimoke

You forgot about one thing: Creating undead. Enemy is coming and you can just use spell which creates a skeleton or something. Or maybe to make target into undead, so target would be weaker. Lich is good, but lich without minions?

Going against dragons with army of skele ...

Did you thought of that?

I thought of that but it's already possible by using commands, so i think it's not primary.

Nevertheless, adding a Undead Creation Tool, just like Alchemy or Enchantment would be good, it's true. Just like in Divinity 2, maybe.

Edited by Grimoke