Mod organizer: how to install mods and obse correctly with steam version of Oblivion?

lv1234

The game i bought was the deluxe version of oblivion (assuming that doesn't affect how modding will work)...I recently looked at these two videos that shows you how to do it but one video shows a different method than the other, just skim through the videos to the important parts rather than sit through and watch it all

Which one seems to be right for downloading and modding steam version of oblivion? Also would like any other inputs from you guys too :D

Look for Gopher's youtube videos on Mod Organizer...even if it's not for Oblivion, most of it applies to Oblivion too. Then check out this.... http://forum.step-project.com/forum/78-mod-organizer-oblivion-support/ for troubleshooting. Tips:

1. You have to manually install any OBSE DLL files to the Oblivion install directory because Mod Organizer doesn't handle them properly

2. Enable loading by script extender in Mod Organzier's settings

3. You change Oblivion settings (resolution, etc) by running the Oblivion Launcher in Mod Organizer BUT you have to run Oblivion from Steam or the install directory

4. Configure BOSS and Wyre Bash to load and run from within Mod Organizer...don't use LOOT for Oblivion

It might sound daunting, but it's not really that bad and I would never go back to not using MO...especially with the number of mods I use.

- Martin

Look for Gopher's youtube videos on Mod Organizer...even if it's not for Oblivion, most of it applies to Oblivion too. Then check out this.... http://forum.step-project.com/forum/78-mod-organizer-oblivion-support/ for troubleshooting. Tips:

1. You have to manually install any OBSE DLL files to the Oblivion install directory because Mod Organizer doesn't handle them properly

2. Enable loading by script extender in Mod Organzier's settings

3. You change Oblivion settings (resolution, etc) by running the Oblivion Launcher in Mod Organizer BUT you have to run Oblivion from Steam or the install directory

4. Configure BOSS and Wyre Bash to load and run from within Mod Organizer...don't use LOOT for Oblivion

It might sound daunting, but it's not really that bad and I would never go back to not using MO...especially with the number of mods I use.

- Martin

Is Boss a mod organizing program?..

I think i may know how to run them within mod manager, don't you just show mo where the file is located and it will add it to mod organzer so you can run it from there

1. Yes BOSS is program that automatically sorts the load order. It's a must for Oblivion if you are using mods.

2. Yes that's is pretty much how it works when adding extra tools. I know Merge Plugins Standalone (advanced tool) also needs to have MO option checked in it's own settings too but the basic ones (BOSS, TES4Edit, TES4Files, etc) work by just adding them to MO. It's covered in Gopher's vids too.

- Martin