NifSkope Help

GreatLucifer

Hello peoples,

I'm here with a friend, and we have some questions about NifSkope. He's rather good at making meshes, and made an amnesia style desk, which we want to behave similarly in oblivion.

Problem is, we have no idea how to create a new mesh in NifSkope...

We want the drawers to be havoked, and the little door constrained. We figure this ment that the desk itself would need a red (static) collisionmesh, the drawers blue (havoked) collisionmeshes, and the little door a purple (like traps and signs and such, a constrained havoked) collisionmesh. Furthermore, the door would ofcourse have to be restrained (like a hinge). So...

How do we...

-constrain one mesh (branch) to another?

-give certain branches certain collisionboxes (and 'choose' their property (colour))?

-actually put it all together (like the import of obj, etc)?

Or more basically, do all this...?

Any advice, links, or anything will help. Much Obliged :ninja:

Happy holidays,

Lucifer

You need both, modelling program with nif scripts (for import/export) and NifSkope to tidy things up. Create the collision mesh in the modelling program. Export your project as a nif. Compare vanilla meshes (eg. a display case) with yours in multiple instances of NifSkope to see what you need to change/edit. You can copy whole blocks from one mesh to another. I realise this is brief, even vague, but I don't have the time to elaborate. A little research should get you there especially if one of you is already a good modeller.

Apologies, you seem to have misunderstood. Perhaps I should rephrase:

We have new meshes, we're trying to create a new nif.

We have the new meshes, one for the desk, one for the drawer, and one for the little door. We have collision meshes for them all too. They're just all in OBJ.

NifSkope appears to have an import-obj option, which appears to work. And I already somewhat work with NifSkope, indeed with copying and adjusting branches and such. But I have no idea how to create a new nif / switch out (and add) collisionmeshes. This is the first big hurdle. How to give a certain mesh (branch) a collisionmesh and adjust its properties...

Second, how to constrain that little door (for clarity, the desk has three drawers on the left and one little door (cabinet) on the right). I have looked at many other constrained meshes, anything from shopsigns to tapestries to the scales, but I still have no idea how to adjust / copy / whatever this.... :(

As in amnesia, we want to make the drawers havoked, so you can actually pull them out. Same (but constrained) for the little door. No animgroups.

I have looked for tutorials and such on the subject, but all I seem to find is either not about this or technical to the point of me not understanding. Please understand, I (we) have no idea what all this jargon means. I'm not even sure what they keep meaning with things as ninodes and nitristrips.... :psyduck:

Any help, link, or especially steps on the subject would be veeery appreciated.

Thank you, and happy new year,

Lucifer