how do i port a clothing mod over to console?

sakurarozu

I'm not an experienced modder, so I can only give you the general gist - but here goes.

if the mod is only a replacer of existing clothes or only adds more clothes (ie. doesn't add scripting or extra functionality) then the main issue you probably need to deal with is that special edition uses some other formats than original Skyrim in some case. Putting the clothes into the game is either a case of extremely basic editing or slight tweak to the original esp - maybe just changing some filename references or it might work without modification as I believe special edition doesn't make a ton of changes in this area.

So if it is a simple mod then all you need to do is extract the files, reformat them correctly to whatever formats special edition uses (you will need some relevant software to do this), and then finally re-package them as a mod however those console systems expect them (I don't know any details here since I don't console myself, but should be easy to look up).

Just make sure that you have permission to port it over if you didn't make it yourself... stealing content, even with the best of intentions, is not cool.

I don't know if you can make a mod private or not, but if you just mark it as BETATESTING - MIGHT NOT WORK YET then surely that should prevent any premature complaints? :)

-Stigma