ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Shitty horse maneuverability

Solvaring

Is there a way, once you have a horse, that you can just keep it in a stable? now that I have one I like the option, but I don't want him following me everywhere I fast travel.

no idea, bit shadowmere is starting to p*ss me right off, I fast travel to a fort or camp I want to stealthily infiltrate, and he's there, just RUNS in, alerting everyone ugh :wallbash: :facepalm:

Limitation of the engine? That's horse crap, horses were fine in Oblivion from what I can remember. (Manoeuvrability-wise anyway.)

Not really. They had the exact same limitations and manoeuverability issues.

It's only eye candy. Horseriding isn't useful in any way, since you have to get down for everything and anything.

Other day I got a mod that messes with the horse speeds. SUDDENLY I LIKE HAVING A HORSE. I wouldn't like the horse to move backwards, but I do often find myself pressing "back" when I want him to stop in a hurry. And then he speeds up cause now I'm telling him to go... forward? :psyduck:

Other day I got a mod that messes with the horse speeds. SUDDENLY I LIKE HAVING A HORSE. I wouldn't like the horse to move backwards, but I do often find myself pressing "back" when I want him to stop in a hurry. And then he speeds up cause now I'm telling him to go... forward? :psyduck:

In real life, Horses walk backwards and/or they turn around by shuffling their legs. Horses Don't do a 360 degree turn by galloping from a standing position.

Walk > Trot > Canter > Gallop

So in a situation where you find your horse about to fall down a cliff, you would rather have no way to back up and instead kill/injure you both ?

It's only eye candy. Horseriding isn't useful in any way, since you have to get down for everything and anything.

Not true. Horses in Skyrim are excellent mountain climbers and can jump while on an incline where the player cannot. Because of bad maneuverability though, it can be tricky to get them down, and my horse often complains about long drops. On the plus side, the mounted player will most likely survive a fall even if the horse does not.

Well it's nice to see I am not the only one dealing with this lol, to the guy who got a mod for changing the speed of his horse....you know you can change the speed of anything by opening the console, clicking on the thing in question in our case it would be the horse.

So you open the console

Click your horse so its RefID shows

type: "setav speedmult #"

Without the quotes, # is a number, be careful not to set it too high. If you set it really high and you don't have good hardware than the game may crash because you'll be racing across the landscape faster than your machine can load everything.