Custom Bow Mesh Interrogations.

allomerus

Heyall!

As I say in the title, I'm presently working on a custom bow mesh, and I was wondering if the following could be done for Oblivion:

1. Create a bow with many objects (i.e. all bow models I've seen use only one mesh - and therefore one object). I wanted to know if I could make, say, one object for the hilt, one for the bow's arms, one for the gems on the bow, etc. I know it is possible with almost all other objects, but the bow uses a shape key (as of Blender vocab) rather than bones to function, so I ignore wether or not the shape key method can be applied to many objects AND be imported into a working NIF file.

2. Provided that no. 1 IS feasible, would it be possible to permanently attach the ''lightning effect'' (idk how to call it exactly), by which I mean the ''texture shader'' that adds those electricity arcs to the character's texture when affected by a shock spell, to a bow?

3. IF no. 2 is feasible as well, can this shader be restricted to a single object within the weapon model? I want a particular part of it to be continually affected by the lightning shader while the rest remains untouched.

4. Would that lightning shader ruin transparency? I know many alpha layers tend to bug with Oblivion.

5. If only no. 1 is possible, can I simply attach a texture animation on one of a weapon's mesh objects?

6. If any of these questions/projects actually happend to have a positive answer, do you know where I can get clear info about doing it? I haven't been quite successful ; that information is either unexistant or well-hidden between mountains of data. All I could get my hands on was the tutorial to import a bow into NifSkope, which, althought correctly working, dosen't help bring answer to those deep and painful existential issues.

7. Thanks for reading this far and for eventually answering, I appreciate the help as much as I need it! I'm trying to honor one ow Wow's most amazing legendaries, and I don't intend to sleep until I allow it to reach its full amazingness.

Edited by allomerus

• 5 years later...