Companions talk too much. Is there a mod for this that works?

Silverforte

I'm so sick of listening to my companions talk. Making stupid observations or thinking outloud, I can't listen to it anymore. I've tried You Talk Too Much

and No NPC Comments, neither of which do what they say they do. The companions still talk as much as ever. The only thing YTTM does is stop NPCs from talking

when you walk near them. At this point, Curie is just talking every single time anything happens. Combat starts, she talks. Every time she gets hit, she talks.

Kills something, she talks. Combat ends, she talks...

In some ways I feel they talk to little - they react to YOU, but not the world around them.

It'd be nice if your companions would comment less on your actions / combat, and more based on where you are. Just finished killing raiders? Occasionally make a personality appropriate comment about raiders. Nice settlement? Compliment it.

I just picked up a typewriter? Shut up.

They sometimes do comment on the environment. Personally I hate the loot comments most. There's a mod supposedly taking care of that. I am however reluctant to give it a try, since a few other mods I have installed have the potential to conflict with this one.

Curie is nonstop commenting about the environment in my experience. I can't handle it, so I turned voice all the way down but I enjoy my character's voice, so I have to put up with the silence otherwise stop using companions.

In my book Ada is the most annoying of them all. Not only as a companion, but also at any settlement you send her to. She's constantly running her trap at a volume that you can hear her from miles away.

I use a variation of No NPC Comments. NPC's won't yap at me unless I'm standing in their face and companions don't talk as much. But, I need an extra Curie edition. First time I've ever used her and she never shuts up. I'd hate to see what she's like without the mod at all.

I find Ada to be just as bad. I've started using a utility (I forget the name of it) where I can search for the offending dialogue line and generate a silent file. I was tired of her unwanted opinions on my drinking and drug taking. She's a robot, and robots shouldn't be so judgemental.

In regards to comments on my junk collecting I fixed that. See signature. It excludes pre-war stuff, though. On purpose as that doesn't annoy me as much as the whining over my aluminium can collection :D

If only companions paid more attention to their surroundings instead of what I am doing that'd be better, IMO. I mostly take automatrons that I've built myself, and give them a non-voiced voice module. All the other followers get dumped at a settlement in the end.