Novelty Skyrim

rockdiamond

Overhaul Description

Not For Children / Adults Only / Small child = No use mod

Criteria

Must have some sort of: a) humorous content, b) pop-culture aspect or c) random unique enhancement.

Mods need to meet the following req's:

• More juvenile = more amesome.
  • Should NOT crash gamer machines.
  • Should lighten the serious tone of the game in general.
  • Doesn't require high-end enthusiast hardware rigs to run smoothly
  • Doesn't affect; quest-lines, factions, user interfaces, inventory - or any other aspect of the game that could potentially corrupt game saves. This means .esp's etc must be carefully vetted.
  • Anything that adds "realism" has been covered already many times on skyrimnexus.
  • Higher resolution novelties will always be preferred over jagged blurry ones.

How This Works

• 1: I search and update this list at least once/twice per week.
  • 2: You download as you please. Comment to make the list better.
  • 3: Go, Play, Have fun!

How To Help Make This Awesome

• Suggest new mods in the comments
  • Take a screenshot of 2 or more of these mods in action togther, and post it here
  • Post a youtube link in comments of 2 or more of these in live action.
  • post broken links, spelling errors & author name changes too!

The List

Objects

Enemies

Weapons (Replacers)

Weapons (Craftable)

NPC's & Clothing

Audio

Other Misc.

Alternatives

Missing/Lost/Deleted

• Sonic Ring Skill Up Sound /* Someone forgot to get permission from Sega?
  • Final Fantasy Lvl Up Sound /* Will not be available until someone gets permission from Square/Enix

Instructions

• Step 1: Download all desired mods from "The List"
  • Step 2: Install as per instructions provided individually.
  • Install Note:These mods should be applied after any other mods, overwriting other previous file versions which my not be as novel as these.

[*]*!* = Installation Order DOES matter, top to bottom for these ones.

Reasoning

Q: Why bother even putting this up?

• It saves time. Installing updates to other mods will overwrite these, so it's handy to have them all together when you want them back.
  • Despite the best organization efforts from nexus admins, this place is still a little messy, hopefully you find something new here.

Q: What's the Alternatives part for?

• Mods that conflict with each other are compared, I handpick my favorite (judging by the most novel) and put it in the main list, but others are included in Alternates just in case you still prefer those ones.
  • In the event that this becomes a bundled archive, any mods which the authors have asked to be removed will still get listed, just not bundled.

Q: Doesn't including a choada monster in your modpack make you a homo?

• No, penises are f***ing hilarious! And Novel!

Note: This was previously posted in the "Overhauls" Category of mods section.

Was deleted without warning and without remorse.

Edited by rockdiamond

All this is completely subjective, i do not doubt that some may share your opinion, but i do not see anything in post that is done for the community, maybe a handful of modusers. To be honest i fail to see why you even made the post, everyone finds their mods on the mod sites and they also like to use mods they like and not neccesarily what you like. Edited by Sk8on

I made the post to keep the list alive. Unfortunately all the previous positive and motivating comments were deleted. There are only a handful of "Novel" mods available, and I personally had a really hard time finding things when i wanted to show them to people. My siblings for example need to download mods to take home, they do not have internet in rural areas. This list could save many many hours for someone just starting out on the site. It's taken me a long time to put this together.

At no point am I saying "These are the mods you need to use". That's what the top 100 is for.

The goal for this thread is to keep a evolving list of things which cannot be easily found on the other site without devoting 10 hours to reading all the mod titles.

Not helping the community? C'mon really? It was up for 2.5 weeks and already had 13k views, you don't think any of those people found something new and exciting for themselves?

I work on two computers, I look through the newest mods and install them on the first computer, but when I have to use the other one and long to play Skyrim I can't remember all the mods because they are dated and or have a different than what I remember , so this list has most of the hidden mods from Nexus that I like, wouldn't have known there's also Trollface Dummys out there :)) So easy to download and install from here. REALLY LOVE IT! :woot:

I work on two computers, I look through the newest mods and install them on the first computer, but when I have to use the other one and long to play Skyrim I can't remember all the mods because they are dated and or have a different than what I remember , so this list has most of the hidden mods from Nexus that I like, wouldn't have known there's also Trollface Dummys out there :)) So easy to download and install from here. REALLY LOVE IT! :woot:

Freakin' awesome, that makes me happy to hear.

There's a few new mods that have been added: Crown Royal Bag, Dragon priest masks, Stormcloak tartan & Bender Centurion. :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...