Whiterun Hates Enchanters

NoobusExtremus

I bought my second house recently, Breezehome in Whiterun. They don't offer the Arcane Enchanter furnishings - just the Alchemy Lab. What do they have against enchanter types? I'm generally a quiet sort of mage-archer and try to obey the rules and not kill people by mistake. :biggrin:

I had to use my well-deserved and respected title of "Thane of Whiterun" to force them to exchange the Alchemy table for an Enchanting table in my home. Ok, I actually had to use the console. :happy:

Since the house to too small for both, they could still offer both but only let you purchase one. Yeah?

In all of Whiterun, not including your character, this is but one mage who is into enchanting, and he has an enchanting table for you to use. Seems unfair to ask them to import or have the manufacturing ready for just another mage.

"Hates" is a bit strong. The above mentioned mage is actually the Jarl's very own mage with an enchanting table right there in his castle. The Jarl is even protective of his mage and won't let him go off adventuring or hunting dragons.

"Rare" is more app.

If the mod is not to your liking you can also add a full size arcane enchanter (the mod I tried had the small table top version) to Breezehome via console commands. Type "help arcane 0" to bring up the id #. Type "player.placeatme ######## 1" to spawn the table. Left click the table with the console open and type "rotate x 220" or whatever number looks right. If you over do it with the number simply "rotate x - ###" to whatever looks right. Rotate command also works for the Y and Z axis the same way although I only needed X. Also if the table is too large you can shrink it to fit by left clicking it with the console open and typing "setscale .8" or whatever number looks best. I put mine in the empty area next to the alchemy table and no longer have to run up to Dragonsreach.