Fallout NV + Mod's crashes every 5-10 minutes. Also missing Pipboy Pictures and Afterschool issues.

DragonJarvis

Hello Forum,

yeah... it is me again! Sorry but now my Game crashes every 5-10 minutes.

It happens when I enter a new load zone or a Room in the current load zone (last time I picked a looked Door and it crashed).

I have to say that I unfortunatly get very frustrated now. I just want to play the game but I always seem to run into more and more issues.

First of all I think that it is a good idea to give you my system specs:

• CPU AMD Athlon II X3 440 Processor 3.00 GHz
    RAM 4GB
    Grafikkarte: AMD Radeon R9 270x
    HDD: 1TB
There you go. Now I will give you my current modlist:
EDIT: See in my Second post because there I figured out how to show you my staff properly without causing eyecancer.

I use a Total of 43 mods.

First thing I did was running the Programm called LOOT. It displayed no issues.

Second I used NVSEdit, no issues aswell.

I also stumbled apon this video:

It did not help aswell and on top of that it is 4 years old.

I also have no Icons in the Pipboy for the redisgned NCR amor and when I found one laying in the field it displayed this huge red exclamation mark thing.

Another thing which is happening to me is that the Afterschool special does not always work as intended.

For Example I had to manually put my crafting Items in the Workbench and reload bench since this mod did not sort them for me.

I made sure I did that right and also watched this video:

Sorry guys that I bother you yet again but I would be really happy if someone can help me out here.

Thanks in advance and greetings from Germany,

DragonJarvis

EDIT: What happend to my modlist?! In my preview it showed them sorted... sorry if I give you eyecancer.

Edited by DragonJarvis

In general a texture placement package like "NMC Texture Pack" won't cause CTDs. NMC is a pretty solid and stable piece of work. So, while things might be working correctly at the moment, I will not be surprised if you run into problems again.

You actually reported several different problems with different causes.

What "mod manager" are you using? The red "!" marks indicate you probably need to toggle your "Archive Invalidation" off and on again after you add or remove mods.

Your crash upon changing cells (rooms or doors), suggests to me you are using the game's built-in "auto-save" feature. Please see this entry in the "Fallout NV Mod Conflict Troubleshooting" guide.

The workbench problem in the "After School Special" mod is mostly like due to a mod conflict with a script OR an XML file conflict. You have several mods installed which can cause "HUD-UI-Menu issues" when not installed in the correct order. See the linked article which explains the problem and solution.

Use LOOT to copy your "load order" for pasting here. See item 11 in the Checklist of the "Mod Conflict" guide linked earlier.

You might want to take a look at the article "FNV General Mod Use Advice" as well.

-Dubious-

Hello Dubious.

You were right. My game only run for half an hour then it crashed.

I am using the Nexus Mod Manager.

I am not using the inbuild save manager, I saw a video from Gopher and he suggested tu use CASM instead. I really like casm btw.

I also made sure that I installed my UI mods in correct order.

Thank you for the links. I will read into them.

Well, as you have avoided the common "auto-save" problem by using CASM (good move; Gopher does solid tutorials), you might want to take a look at both "heap size" and "4GB memory" suggestions in the "CTD without warning" entry in that same section of "Mod Conflicts". If you are only getting 30 minutes or so before exhausting memory, you are probably still only getting the default 2GB of memory allocated to the game.

-Dubious-

Edited by dubiousintent

Well, as you have avoided the common "auto-save" problem by using CASM (good move; Gopher does solid tutorials), you might want to take a look at both "heap size" and "4GB memory" suggestions in the "CTD without warning" entry in that same section of "Mod Conflicts". If you are only getting 30 minutes or so before exhausting memory, you are probably still only getting the default 2GB of memory allocated to the game.

-Dubious-

Thank you so much Dubious!

Actually! today I got the first "ran out of memory" message after it crashed. So Finally I can narrow my problem down more and more. I deactivated some more mods too aswell. After I deactivated Freeside Open and New Vegas Strip open the game ran solid for like an hour. So yeah I have to really get into this "heap" size stuff.

Man, this all is so complicated :teehee: